Looking For Professional Tutor To Pipe Buttercream Flowers

Decorating By MariaGus Updated 16 Jul 2015 , 6:55pm by cakedout

MariaGus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaGus Posted 15 Jul 2015 , 3:06pm
post #1 of 4

Hello there, I m looking for professional decorator to tutoring me to pipe buttercream flowers and aragment cakes, cake decorating is my just a hobby but I would love to do flowers buttercream cakes please share your experience or give me a names who can help me. I'm from PA 2 hours from NYC but will be travel if I should

thank you 

3 replies
remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 15 Jul 2015 , 3:21pm
post #2 of 4

I learned from You tube. Type in Liz Larson decorating cakes and you will see a lot of her videos.  She is awesome!! Make you up some frosting, buy the decorating tubes and practice on wax paper or cake pans turned upside down. Also, you can type in buttercream flowers, buttercream borders, icing flowers, decorating cakes, wedding cakes, birthday cakes, etc. You will find so many people that can teach you while sitting at home. I have learned so much by doing that!! Some videos I had to play over a few times but I have learned all kinds of buttercream flowers by doing that!! I know you will do just fine if you give this a try!!! If I can learn by doing this then anyone can. All it takes is practice!  Good luck!!

If you are insistent on paying someone, I am sure someone on here will have some ideas for you and places you could go. I know there are places on internet that you can order some videos and you can watch them over and over till you get them but the you tube videos are all free and you can also learn from them. 

Marie0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marie0616 Posted 16 Jul 2015 , 5:58pm
post #3 of 4

If you prefer a personal lesson, try Wilton decorating classes at your local craft store! It's a great experience, and it's nice to have the teacher show you what you're doing wrong...or better yet, tell you what you're doing very well!

good luck! 

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 16 Jul 2015 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 4

Check in with the PA Chapter of ICES....I know that there are several members that live up that direction and could direct you to a teacher.  The State Rep is Candy Knappenberger- her bakery business name is Lip Smack N Good.  :)


Quote by @%username% on %date%