Scrunched Ruffles Look- How Do I Get This?

Decorating By kmc116 Updated 17 Jul 2015 , 7:38am by CLW

kmc116 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmc116 Posted 15 Jul 2015 , 2:13pm
post #1 of 4

I'm wondering what the best way is to get the look of the bottom tier... scrunched up ruffles.  I was thinking cut circles and scrunch them up but is there a better way to do this?  Thanks in Advance!   55a66a8cd6f3c.jpeg


3 replies
winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 16 Jul 2015 , 1:27am
post #2 of 4

The photo's not very clear, but that's either scrunched circles or blossoms. It's quite a time consuming process!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 16 Jul 2015 , 1:54am
post #3 of 4

yes, it's time-consuming to say the least...Plan on how long you think it will take you then multiply that times three! To get a really uneven ruffly look use the blossom cutter, not the circle. The circle will make it look more uniform.

CLW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CLW Posted 17 Jul 2015 , 7:38am
post #4 of 4

I did this look on a huge wedding cake last year. It was a 4 tier with the bottom and top tiers double barrels with this look.I used the blossom cutter and scrunched them. Yes, it did take FOREVER! And the cake was soooooooo HEAVY and had to go up a flight of very steep 22 step stairs in historic Savannah, elevator at the venue!!! But it was a beautiful cake. :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%