Wedding Cupcake Display

Decorating By sykescakes Updated 25 Jun 2015 , 12:38am by ypierce82

sykescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sykescakes Posted 24 Jun 2015 , 8:04pm
post #1 of 3

So I am doing cupcakes for a wedding and was hoping for some input on a few things. They want a small cake to cut into, so I'm going to do a 9" with a 6" on top that they can save and then cupcakes for the rest. I am going to get one of those muli level towers to put the cupcakes on with the cake being on the top. So their colors are black white and gold. What I need input on is the color combinations. I am going to paint the tower black and then use some gold ribbon on the edges of the tiers. I'm not sure what color to have the cupcake liners....the frostings will be varying colors and the stand will be black so maybe white liners? and then have some of those gold star sprinkles? Or I was thinking about gold liners with a white lacey outer liners...I just don't want it to be to over the top, the couple is going for a very classic winter wedding. They also have a music theme so I was going to make some fondant music notes and put them on the cake. I hinted at putting a little music note on each of the cupcakes and the bride responded with "I think less is more" so I'm thinking no on that. Looking for any ideas and input! Thanks!

2 replies
Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 24 Jun 2015 , 11:32pm
post #2 of 3

Why are the colors varied, f she wants black, white, and gold?  A black stand or white stand with black or gold ribbon on the edges of the tiers would be lovely.  The cupcakes could be placed in either black or white foil liners or both white and black foil cupcake liners with  white frosting.

You can do a google search for this term and get some ideas:

black + white + wedding + cupcakes

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 25 Jun 2015 , 12:38am
post #3 of 3

I personally would paint the stand white, especially if it is something that I can use again later, and adding black and gold ribbon to the tiers on the stand would still look nice. What about snowflakes as the topper decoration seeing as though it is a winter theme? I like the idea of the lace cupcake wrappers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%