Help With My Business Name And Next Step, Llc? Trademark?

Business By snazzycakes1 Updated 19 Jun 2015 , 4:47pm by autumnscreek

snazzycakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snazzycakes1 Posted 15 Jun 2015 , 7:19pm
post #1 of 5

I need opinions and business advice!!!!!  I started creating cake art 5 years ago, it has now turned into a business! who knew????  we are military and we are leaving the service and going home and I want to start my business there in hopes of "making it big!" lol.  when  started my business, I thought of the fantastic name, SNAZZY CAKES.  little did I know at that time , that I would do good enough to register a name much less that there is another snazzy cakes in a different state!  heartbroken!!!   our cottage food law in my home state allows me to sell baked good from home, so I plan to do this to get my name out and in some years when all kids are in school, open up a store front.  what is your advice about registering my name?  LLC?  should I do this when I am still working out of home?  I am so torn about having the same name as another, but cant stand the thought of changing it.  I need some professional advice .  if I do keep snazzy cakes, which I will probably do, I feel like its like changing on of my childrens names, lol.  I would do something along the lines of "snazzy cakes by Lyndsay"  or Snazzy cakes unlimited," or "the snazzy cake company"   so that it would differ slightly from the other snazzycakes.   tia

4 replies
craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 16 Jun 2015 , 4:10pm
post #2 of 5

Lyndsey's Snazzy Cakery?

LizzieAylett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzieAylett Posted 16 Jun 2015 , 5:48pm
post #3 of 5

What state are you in?  How about Snazzy Cakes [State]?  Or [State] Snazzy Cakes?

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 19 Jun 2015 , 4:11pm
post #4 of 5

I like the sound of Snazzy Cake Co. Good luck with choosing a name and starting your business!

autumnscreek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
autumnscreek Posted 19 Jun 2015 , 4:47pm
post #5 of 5

i also totally agree with 

"the snazzy cake company"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%