Raspberry Buttercream

Decorating By Gerle Updated 1 Jun 2015 , 6:41pm by Apti

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 1 Jun 2015 , 3:54am
post #1 of 9

I was looking for a raspberry buttercream recipe.  I'm going to be making some yellow cake cupcakes and the recipient wants raspberry buttercream frosting on them.  I looked on the internet but didn't find any recipes that looked or sounded very good.  Am hoping to find some here.  Any suggestions?  I need them for cupcakes for this Friday.  The cupcakes are going to have lemon filling in them.  Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

8 replies
winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 1 Jun 2015 , 4:32am
post #2 of 9

I use an SMBC with puréed and sieved raspberries mixed in. Pretty straightforward.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 1 Jun 2015 , 6:39am
post #3 of 9

Gerle--If you have access to a cake supply store that sells CK Raspberry Icing Fruit, you can simply mix this with buttercream.

I love the CK Raspberry Icing Fruit because it is real fruit that has been concentrated to add the flavor and color, but not add extra liquid.  I've used it with buttercream, white and chocolate ganache, and in cake batter.   (I have tried the other Icing Fruits, but only use/recommend the raspberry.    For the other fruit flavors, I use different recipes to get the best results.)

http://www.globalsugarart.com/icing-fruits-red-raspberry-10-ounces-by-ck-p-27506.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjw4qqrBRDE2K_z7Pbvjo8BEiQA39AImVLElO2nTzJ-JsvUCShCgTNivWuQNix6yrx4yDfEVAgaAjVe8P8HAQ&gdftrk=gdfV25706_a_7c2149_a_7c8856_a_7c27506

If you already make SMBC, I'd just do with winniemog recommended.

Nadiaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nadiaa Posted 1 Jun 2015 , 6:43am
post #4 of 9

I do exactly the same as winniemog. I make IMBC and put pureed and sieved raspberries through it. Very important to sieve it so there's no seeds! Lol! I've also put pureed raspberries though regular buttercream too, and it worked well. 

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 1 Jun 2015 , 7:31am
post #5 of 9

I do the same: puree raspberries, sieve and I cook it down to concentrate and thicken and add to SMBC when it's cool.

Rohini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rohini Posted 1 Jun 2015 , 10:27am
post #6 of 9

I do the same as Pastrybaglady. And it is absolutely delicious!!!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 1 Jun 2015 , 10:46am
post #7 of 9

If you're lazy you can also add seedless raspberry preserves to IMBC. I use a raspberry puree that I get from a natural food supplier, but I use the seedless preserves too. Make sure to get the all-fruit kind for the most concentrated flavor.

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 1 Jun 2015 , 4:33pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks!  I was thinking using puree or icing fruit was the best way to go, but wanted to get some input to make sure.  There's a cake supply store here in town that has some raspberry icing fruit I was thinking of trying, so that's where I'm going today to pick some up and give it a whirl.  I've used their lemon icing fruit and it's been really great for a filling!  I knew I could count on you guys to help me out.  Thanks again!  Can always count on CC subscribers for help!

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 1 Jun 2015 , 6:41pm
post #9 of 9

Gerle~~I give my cakes away and usually they sit around on counters in office lunch rooms, hospital staff lounges, teacher's lounges etc.  Unless I know for certain that a cake will be refrigerated/eaten quickly, it is much easier to use shelf-stable ingredients.

I love the raspberry icing fruit because it is so darn tasty and convenient.   Try mixing some in with white chocolate ganache....oh my....    The raspberry is also nice because it doesn't have the little chunky bits of fruit/peel like the lemon and can be mixed with ganache or buttercream and still be piped smoothly without any clogs in the piping tips.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%