What Is The Best Edible Ink Printer And Edible Ink Cartridges On The Market?

Decorating By Faora Updated 24 May 2015 , 11:08pm by Molly2

Faora Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Faora Posted 22 May 2015 , 8:20am
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone!

So I am printing about 200 frosting and wafer sheets per week and have been having HELL with my printers and ink. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

I have 2 Canon MG6620 printers but im not happy with them. I use frosting sheets from Ink4Cakes and I like them a lot. I tried Kopy Kake frosting sheets before and was disappointed by their quality.

So my frosting sheets are good, but I really need a good supplier for edible ink.. I used ink4cakes cartridges which worked okay.. Then I made a mistake and bought a bunch of edible ink cartridges and refill inks from Ebay. 

These cartridges & inks DID NOT WORK WELL, the colors were dull and grainy, if they even worked at all. I did dozens and dozens of printhead  cleanings and I have 4 Printheads. The inks would either immediately clog/not flow, the sponges would dry up, or the repeated printhead cleanings would finish the ink.. The nozzle checks almost always came out wrong with colors missing or faded.. 

so I think these inks & cartridges have damaged both of my printers and 4 Printheads and now im sure they all have to be replaced.. 

currently im outsourcing my edible printing but I really need to get my printing system up and running again.

please I need some advice and tips.. What printer and edible ink is best for high volume printing? I don't have time to be constantly troubleshooting these printers and cleaning out printheads! I also need an edible ink cartridge set that can give me the most prints per set and not waste ink on cleaning or by overflowing etc 

As far as the printer goes, I'm looking at the Canon IP 3600 .. I am going to buy multiple printers so I need the best ones on the market 

sorry about this being so long! I'm just really frustrated and overwhelmed!! 

3 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 23 May 2015 , 1:23am
post #2 of 4

I get my inks etc from Icing Images...Go to Icingimages,com and they have a ton of information on their site. I have a Canon MG5520 and I like it fine. It has its quirks but it works consistently well if you know how to handle it.

meleamartinwmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meleamartinwmi Posted 24 May 2015 , 10:43pm
post #3 of 4

I have the MG5520 also. I don't have any thing to compare it to, but so far I like it. I got it from Inkedibles, and sugar sheets from there too.

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 24 May 2015 , 11:08pm
post #4 of 4

I want to follow this I to am having trouble with my printer I have a Canon 5220 that is not working well I get my supplies from Kopy Kakes my colored ink black is no longer connecting to my machine and it was like my yellow just leaked all out of it's cartage please I to need advice thank you for posting this question.

Thank you

Molly2 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%