Help...cake Crumbled!

Decorating By mixaleena Updated 29 Sep 2005 , 8:03pm by Mac

mixaleena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixaleena Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 8:19pm
post #1 of 5

I don't have time to get into my nightmare right now, however I NEED HELP!

I made white cakes...which I will NEVER do again. I only do yellow and chocolate. period. ALL OF THEM CRACKED & CRUMBLED.

Make a long story short...I have the equivilant of a sheet cake full of scraps. I know what to do with some of it (trifle) but any ideas what I can do with all these cake scraps??!! I don't like cake balls. Thanks!

Mixee.

4 replies
TraciJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TraciJ Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 8:37pm
post #2 of 5

I don't know what to do with the scraps, but I can offer advice for a possible next time. Add a box of pudding and an extra egg (or egg white). It will firm up the cake to something easier to handle. I did that with my grilled cheese cake and it was sturdy enough to handle moving it around. Otherwise, the white cake is so fragile it's hard to do much with -- though I do use it that way to for very simple layered cakes.

Sorry to hear about your problem! Hopefully someone has a good idea for the scraps. Mine usually disappear before I have a chance to do anything with them (4 kids and hubbie). icon_wink.gif

mixaleena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixaleena Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 3:12pm
post #3 of 5

UPDATE...I layered some of the scraps with some white chocolate pudding and cherry filling. IT turned into mush. I ended up throwing away most of the cake and the rest of it went to my SIL's BF. =)

I really like cake decorating..I especially like making fondant/gumpaste flowers and decorations...however...I am no longer into the whole baking thing...AHHHHHH! Just stressin!

Thanks anyway.
Mixee

freddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddie Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 3:41pm
post #4 of 5

Here are some ideas for using cake scraps, I like the ganache one.

http://www.shavkin.com/cakscrap.htm

Hope this helps, sorry about your cake falling apart, I think we all go through this at some time.

I also add Vanilla Pudding and an extra egg to my white cake I usually add 1/2 to 2/3 or so sour cream and then top off with milk or buttermilk for my liquid. I like using a teaspoon of almond flavoring to it also.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 8:03pm
post #5 of 5

How about mixing crumbled cake with some cool whip and press into a pan, then top with pudding--kind of like a layered dessert.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%