Help!! Not Sure Where To Start!

Decorating By BakerzJoy Updated 15 May 2015 , 3:08pm by BakerzJoy

BakerzJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerzJoy Posted 12 May 2015 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone. It's here that I come when I have no idea what to do with decorating. I am an experienced baker and decorator but sometimes, I get stumped by clients request and need a little insight. Especially when I have NEVER done it before.

I will attach a picture of exactly what the client requested and drew out for me. If you all could please help me find the design in the photo of the stencil and the eiffle tower cutout, that would be wonderful. I know how to do the diamond effect on the 2nd tier. The bottom tier is tricky seeings how she wants it in a shape as well.

https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t34.0-12/11122406_10205499768467589_2121358859_n.jpg?oh=8df0962f9a77776441e99d8959189723&oe=555429C5

3 replies
ammcats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ammcats Posted 12 May 2015 , 8:31pm
post #2 of 4

Don't know if it's possible, but could you print the scroll work onto wafer paper?  Lay that on and possibly pipe some highlights?  The tower, there are lots of fondant moulds available.  Just google fondant Eiffel tower mold and you get lots of sites to choose from.  Good luck.

Magic Mouthfuls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Magic Mouthfuls Posted 12 May 2015 , 11:47pm
post #3 of 4

The cheapest & quickest way would be to get an edible image (on icing, not on wafer) for both top tiers and bottom tier using the envelope as your scan.  Eiffel Tower as @-ammcats said with a mould or cutter or cheat again with an edible image.

The next way, more expensive but highly professional, is to take that envelope to a custom stencil maker and get them to create two stencils for you (1 version for top tier, 1 version for bottom tier) and then stencil over the tiers with royal icing or 'crisco & dusts'

Its a totally gorgeous design, I hope to see your photo of the finished masterpiece once it's done!!

BakerzJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerzJoy Posted 15 May 2015 , 3:08pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you so much for your responses. I have declined the cake due to personal reasons that came up. It's for my sister in law, so Thank God she understood.

They were really good ideas I will apply to my next cake If i ever get this kind of design.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%