Tiger Cake...

Decorating By jscakes Updated 5 Mar 2005 , 9:46pm by jscakes

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 3 Mar 2005 , 7:12pm
post #1 of 6

icon_surprised.gif I have an odd request...well, it's not MY request, but a Bride To Be & MOB would like to have a "Tiger" cake for a wedding cake. Ever heard of such a thing? I can't seem to get out of them what style, sort of traditional with a tiger on it, tiger striped, or what. icon_cry.gif If you've ever heard of one, or know of any ideas I would appreciate hearing anything at this point. My sister said she would help me do this one as they are friends of hers. Thanks

5 replies
Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 3 Mar 2005 , 7:27pm
post #2 of 6

I like the stripped idea. I think it will be cute

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 3 Mar 2005 , 7:56pm
post #3 of 6

Would the bride want the normal tiger look or a white tiger look?
I think the white tiger look would be more appropiate since it is a wedding.
Make a stacked cake with stripes on it and then make white siberian tigers that are molded out of fondant and place them on the cake on various tiers. Or as a topper to the cake make 2 tigers rubbing their heads together to symbolize love.

jscakes Posted 3 Mar 2005 , 8:32pm
post #4 of 6

So far I like both ideas, striped on the sides, but using white tigers...and maybe some of the grassy area around the ledges, and the two on top rubbing their heads together, cool! Will let my sister know of these also but don't let that stop any other ideas from coming in!!! THANKS SO MUCH!

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 5 Mar 2005 , 6:05pm
post #5 of 6

I was looking back at one of my older wilton books and they used the lamb laying down pan and made it into a tiger. Also if your useing regular icing. I once made a tiger themed cake and I made the regular tiger. The color was very hard to match, but I played with it and combined a little of orange, yellow and brown it came out wonderful. Just play with the colors.. and to make a real dark black I used a chocolate icing (store bought) and added black dye. Just a thought~

jscakes Posted 5 Mar 2005 , 9:46pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you briansbaker. I haven't gotten a response back yet from my sister-who said she was going to help me on this one-that may be a bad sign..? Luckily we have plenty of time to think of things and knowing my sister, she will not say what she would prefer until a few days ahead of due date. Sometimes I do best under pressure!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%