Would Anyone Record Ace Of Cakes For Me? - Will Pay For Dvds

Decorating By emmascakes Updated 28 Jan 2007 , 8:27pm by jmt1714

emmascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmascakes Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 4:17pm
post #1 of 9

I live in the UK and we don't get Ace of Cakes here, in fact we don't get any cake decorating television at all ever. I wrote to the people that make Ace of Cakes and asked if they planned to release a DVD or to make their programmes available on-line, but they don't ever plan to. So I was wondering if anyone would be prepared to record Ace of Cakes on to DVD for me and post them to me in the UK?

I would obviously pay for the DVDs, the postage and the time and trouble you'd take to do that for me, I'm not expecting (nor would I feel comfortable with) this as a favour and am happy to pay a rate that would make it worth your while.

I feel like I really miss out on seeing other people make cakes as there isn't even a class anywhere near me! Please contact me if this is something you could consider doing for me, many thanks - Emma

8 replies
moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 5:32pm
post #2 of 9

I deleted all my last season episodes but still have the new season on DVR. I can try to burn them for you to see if they could play OK? I have had burned dvds and they do not play sometimes! let me know OK!!

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 6:04pm
post #3 of 9

Emma,

I had to get rid of TV so I have a friend recording them onto DVD for me. I'll hook yah up when I get them.

Rachel

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 9

Emma, what region number do English DVD players use? I think the US is region 1...
Do you get any pastry championships, or would you like those also?

emmascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmascakes Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 9:23pm
post #5 of 9

I don't know what region number we are - but I play DVDs through my laptop and that can play any region. We don't get any cake decorating / pastry tele at all icon_sad.gif I would be so grateful if any of you could help me out with this - PM me if you're serious and we can discuss practicalities! Thank you all icon_smile.gif

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 9:49pm
post #6 of 9

I just took a look at your photos! If you would like my two cents worth you could teach some of the cake bakers on tv a thing or two. Your cakes are amazing. I would love to spend time watching YOU deocrate cakes!

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 9:56pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamoSweets

I just took a look at your photos! If you would like my two cents worth you could teach some of the cake bakers on tv a thing or two. Your cakes are amazing. I would love to spend time watching YOU deocrate cakes!

Makes two!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 8:23pm
post #8 of 9

Europe and the UK are in region two for DVDs
you should be able to play them on your computer in windows media player. You will have to change the region that it reads but thats easy enough.

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 8:27pm
post #9 of 9

emma, you really do make wonderful cakes. Ace of Cakes can by funny, but there is nothing you're going to learn from him !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%