Wafer Paper - Basic Questions

Decorating By annakat444 Updated 24 Apr 2015 , 1:29am by icingimages

annakat444 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annakat444 Posted 22 Apr 2015 , 11:46pm
post #1 of 5

I bought a package of wafer paper to experiment with and it came in the mail today - hooray! I haven't watched any tutorials on it yet and googe hasn't helped with these specific questions so I thought I'd ask here...is there a specific way it should be stored after I open the package? Also, do I just cut it with scissors? Thanks!!

4 replies
malou1021 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malou1021 Posted 23 Apr 2015 , 3:24am
post #2 of 5

I've not worked with it but just to be safe I would keep it sealed up. Yes, you can cut it with scissors. A lot of people use one of those punch cutters. You can check out Liz merrick on you tube. I have a membership with  mycakeschool.com and they have a great tutorial. 

annakat444 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annakat444 Posted 23 Apr 2015 , 3:43am
post #3 of 5

Ok, I'll check it out. I keep hearing about mycakeschool so I probably need to go ahead and join. Thanks!

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 23 Apr 2015 , 2:08pm
post #4 of 5

I store mine in a ziplock just to be sure.  And I use paper punch cutters in various sizes.  I haven't bought any colored paper yet since I am experimenting but I have used the color spray, sprayed onto waxed paper and I use a paint brush to dab on or paint on.  So far so good - I've made some nice flowers.  Check Pinterest too!

Best of all, I recently made my niece an edible birthday card for her 21st birthday.  I wasn't going to be around for the party so I asked my sister to bring it and my other sister video'd it.  I had already schemed with her 15year old brother that after she opened it he would eat it.  Well, she suspected it might be edible so my nephew quickly grabbed the card and jammed the whole thing (it wasn't a little card!!) into his mouth! She had to be shown a photo to see what the card actually looked like inside because it was eaten so fast!

PS  keep in mind, edible does not mean delicious!  It isn't!  And Michael wound up spitting the card out because it was really too much to swallow.  But hilarious!  I've had friend requests to make them an edible card now - haha

Best,

T

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 24 Apr 2015 , 1:29am
post #5 of 5

That is a funny story Theresaf.  We actually just began selling flavored and colored wafer paper.  Also, right now we have a free shipping offer on our facebook page. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%