Fantasy Cake - Ideas Please

Decorating By SugaryGoodness Updated 31 Jan 2007 , 8:08pm by SugaryGoodness

SugaryGoodness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaryGoodness Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 4:03pm
post #1 of 16

I just received a cake order for tomorrow! No rush! haha

They are asking for a "fantasy" type cake to feed 20 people. They said fantasy - like Chronicles of Narnia type. Any ideas???? It is for a 30-something female (mother of 3). They want it to say "Happy Birthday Mommy of Three". Her favorite color is red and she married to a heart surgeon - so they thought something with hearts.

I was thinking something sparkly - lots of luster dusts. I had just made 3 white bears with red hearts on their tummy. So I was thinking of trying to incorporate that (her 3 little bears). Maybe a sparkly bow and I thought about an edible image of the castle on Narnia....it is mainly blue...so I was trying to think of how to incorporate blue and red and sparkly.

Any ideas would be great!!!!

15 replies
bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 4:07pm
post #2 of 16

Bump! But I want to see a pic when you finish the cake!

SugaryGoodness Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 4:20pm
post #3 of 16

I will post picture. I'm not sure my ideas are leaning towards "fantasy" like they are thinking.

cordy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cordy Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 4:24pm
post #4 of 16

Yeah, teddy bears don't fall into my idea of fanatasy either...what about fairies? Or Gryphons etc other fanatasy creatures?

Sweetpeeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetpeeps Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 4:27pm
post #5 of 16

A castle cake would be neat maybe with some of the animals from Narnia....like the Lion. How about doing the three little kids on Narnia to resemble her kids or something. I know your working on a tight schedule. I can't imagine trying to get it done by tomorrow. lol Good luck.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 4:32pm
post #6 of 16

Don't know if you have this pan or access to it, but the wilton castle cake pan can be decorated any way you like. You could do colors like they want and then maybe put a 2 hearts on the door with each of her children's 1st initial in it.... Just a thought.. good luck!

SugaryGoodness Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 4:34pm
post #7 of 16

Exactly...I have lots of ideas that I think would be neat and appropriate for the theme....but not by tomorrow!!! lol

I thought about doing a fairy but I haven't tried to make one yet and by tomorrow??? A Gryphon or somthing like that would be great...but again...I'm saying to myself - by tomorrow!

I'm just a beginner!! I thought an edible image might save me...but I just got my printer for Christmas and haven't even tried to do one yet. Talk about stress! It will be a long night...

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 4:38pm
post #8 of 16

do you have a walmart nearby? I know they will do prints for you.. they are $5... only trick is no copyright stuff.. so if you are good artist you could throw something together and they could do it... what about a pic of the woman, or her children, or something off of them of narnia, without violating copyright.. oh and if you do go the walmart route, call before because some do, some don't.... I wish you luck, tomorrow is very short term and I hope you find what you are looking for, don't forget to post icon_smile.gif

cordy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cordy Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 4:43pm
post #9 of 16

Well at such short notice I would ditch the Narnia idea. In a perfect situation you would have enough time to make a castle etc. Maybe you should go for a simple BC cake with fondant accents of moons and stars using your luster dust for the special effects. You could include stars on thin wires coming out of the top of the cake etc, concentrate most on rich colors and tastes...

suchie6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suchie6 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 4:48pm
post #10 of 16

Disney sells the action figures for Narnia. You could put them on a cake with a doll house wardrobe and leave the door open with "snow" falling out the door. I would think something like that could be done in a day and would fit right in with what they were looking for.... Is it a birthday if so - what age?

suchie6 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 4:56pm
post #11 of 16

Also - if you type narnia in the search here on CC you can see couple cakes other people have done.

SugaryGoodness Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 8:05pm
post #12 of 16

Thanks for everyone's suggestions! I'll post when I am done.

SugaryGoodness Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 2:59pm
post #13 of 16

Thanks for all your comments. Here is what I came up with. I also posted another picture in my pictures.
LL

chaniliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaniliz Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 7:19pm
post #14 of 16

Very nice. I see you got your edible image on and the little bears, too cute.
Lizzie

suchie6 Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 6:57pm
post #15 of 16

It turned out really cute. How did the birthday girl like the cake?

SugaryGoodness Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 8:08pm
post #16 of 16

I heard lots of praises from everyone that attended the party including the birthday girl. It was a hit. (Thank goodness!!!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%