My Cupcakes Rise And Then Fall Flat

Decorating By snookie Updated 4 Feb 2007 , 6:36pm by josilind

snookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snookie Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 12:44am
post #1 of 5

Help - what I am doing? My cupcakes rise in the oven - but then when they are cool - they fall flat. icon_sad.gif

4 replies
blissful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blissful Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 12:48am
post #2 of 5

mine do to sometimes. Not sure but I think that they might not be cooked enough. Hopefully someone else replies that knows for sure.

viewbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
viewbaker Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 12:49am
post #3 of 5

Fill the pans alittle more and they wont fall...whats happening is the steam in the cupcakes when they bake makes them look taller and when they are taken out the steam excapes and they fall to there actual height.....hope this helps icon_biggrin.gif

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 12:50am
post #4 of 5

it sounds like you are over beating your batter. This creates lots of air bubbles which will eventually deflate. This use to happen to me also with my cakes.

josilind Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josilind Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 6:36pm
post #5 of 5

I agree with viewbaker. I measure all of my cupcakes' batter. I use a 1/4 measuring cup and they turn out perfect each time. After they cool, the tops may be a little peaking, i like it. It gives the cupcake a full look but what I do also is after they cool if it is too peaky for me I just take my serragated knife and cut the tops of like you are leveling the top of a cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%