Español By mydiamond Updated 27 Mar 2015 , 6:41pm by ropalma

mydiamond Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mydiamond Posted 27 Mar 2015 , 12:04pm
post #1 of 5

4 replies
mydiamond Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mydiamond Posted 27 Mar 2015 , 12:06pm
post #2 of 5

I am transporting a cake that is 3 hours away...in the Florida heat.    I will have it disassembled.   Do you think I need some sort of Styrofoam coolers to put the cakes in?

Thanks Lori 

ropalma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ropalma Posted 27 Mar 2015 , 12:56pm
post #3 of 5

I live in Florida and usually transport 2 hours.  I put my cake inside of the car with the A/C on.  I make sure that the car is not hot when I get in.  This means I usually get the A/C going to make sure the car is cool.  I have not had any problem with Buttercream or Fondant.  Do not put it in the trunk of the car.  

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Mar 2015 , 1:12pm
post #4 of 5

there are times when a trunk is a better option -- there's no sun to deal with and in my car i can lay down the back seat so i can circle the air through there -- 

cakes should be climate controlled and protected for delivery -- seal already cold cake into corrugated cardboard boxes -- when extra protection is needed place freezer packs in there or frozen pot pies to keep it extra chill -- control any possibility of condensation and movement -- you can travel for hours and go through traffic tie ups and vehicle changes if necessary -- no worries about the cake --

and it goes without saying almost that all surfaces have to be made level --

ropalma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ropalma Posted 27 Mar 2015 , 6:41pm
post #5 of 5

k8memphis I agree that we can use the trunk but it needs to be like you mentioned open to the A/C circulating through the trunk.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%