Cookies And Cream Filling On This Site.

Decorating By turtlemom_9500 Updated 30 Mar 2007 , 6:42pm by loveqm

wysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wysmommy Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 8:35pm
post #31 of 54

Ahh! Sorry I haven't been on to give you the link! Someone posted it (I can only scroll back a page). It's the one with vanilla and heavy cream. Seriously, it's so stinking good!

I'm not surprised people want to eat it with a spoon, my dh and I were putting it on all sorts of stuff! (Suger cones for ice cream were particularly good!)

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 2:45am
post #32 of 54

Melody-

What do I need to do to freeze it? How do I wrap it and what all do I need to do? I am a big chicken of the freezer b/c when I was a kid my mom used to think that if you put anything in the freezer ever...well it would be good forever!!! That's not the case as we all know so now I haven't really gotten the nerve to put anything in the freezer that I didn't get from the freezer at the store. Please help me over my phobia!!!! LOL

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 2:46am
post #33 of 54

Which recipe is better? The plain bc or the one with vanilla and whipping cream? Or are they equally as wonderful????

NikkiDoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NikkiDoc Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 3:14am
post #34 of 54

Duh! I should have known that wasc was white almond sour cream cake. I just added it to my recipes recently!

wysmommy Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 3:43am
post #35 of 54

I think the whipping cream!

This thread made me call the woman I'm making a cake for today and ask her if she wanted the cookies and cream. She said yes and my DH is thrilled. He's been circling the kitchen all night waiting for leftovers icon_smile.gif

NikkiDoc Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 4:57am
post #36 of 54

We are having company for dinner tomorow and I was debating on making an entirely homemade meal (spaghetti, meatballs, salad, garlic toast)...OR... ordering pizza, still making the salad and having a cake with the cookies and cream filling. I think I have made my decision!

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 3:32pm
post #37 of 54

For those of you who have made the Cookies and Cream filling with the whipped cream --- How long can the cake stay out of the fridge and still be safe? I think cake taste better when it's not cold!

NikkiDoc Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 3:42am
post #38 of 54

I think real whipped cream melts easily if it's not refrigerated. I'm not sure if stabilizing it will help maybe someone here knows. I usually like cakes that are not cold as well, however I just made a cake (doctored up devil's food) and put this filling in it, then I frosted it with vanilla butercream. OMG!!! To die for! It makes a lot, so I used a big tip and piped a border with some more filling then I curshed more Oreos into large pieces and piled them in the middle. We were all ready to dig in!

nokddng Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nokddng Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 8:16pm
post #39 of 54

I've made the cookies and cream filling from the Whimsical Bakehouse before and it was good! I'm making a bday cake this week and am making a chocolate cake with the cookies and cream filling but instead of buying regular Oreos I bought the Peanut Butter filled Oreos. I'm going to mix it with my bc to create the filling. Do you think it will taste good? I was originally going to make a peanut butter filling but just did not feel like dishing out the extra money to buy the whipping cream or chunky peanut butter since I'm doing this cake as a freebie. Peanut butter and chocolate are always a yummy combo so I'm hoping this will be too.

NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 8:42pm
post #40 of 54

I have put crushed oreo cookies in my white chocolate cake. I made a white chocolate cake base, then made white chocolate ganache. I crushed the cookiest and stirred it into the ganache I had set out for the filling, filled the cake. Then I made the rest of the ganache into "whipped ganache" and frosted my cake that way. Absolutely delicious, one of the few cakes my hubby actually eats! Jen

loveqm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loveqm Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 6:16am
post #41 of 54

ok..my cousin wants me to do her groom's cake and she loves oreos... so I was thinking would this be a good filling for a groom's cake? I mean with it sitting out for a couple of hours in the reception hall. If not by itself, what can I add to it to make it stabile enought to sit out for a wedding.
TIA!
Mel

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 8:47am
post #42 of 54

mmmm mint oreo cookies and cream filling, chocolate cake and chocolate ganache.....thats making me drool....yummmo

wysmommy Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 12:41pm
post #43 of 54

love-

You can add unfalvored gelatin to anything (pretty much) to stabilize it. I'm trying to figure out how to do it with this filling just right (I'm in culinary school and we had a whole class last week on fillings and mousses that required this proceedure!).

-Michelle

loveqm Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 6:56am
post #44 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by wysmommy

love-

You can add unfalvored gelatin to anything (pretty much) to stabilize it. I'm trying to figure out how to do it with this filling just right (I'm in culinary school and we had a whole class last week on fillings and mousses that required this proceedure!).

-Michelle

Thanks for replying Michelle... can you please share w/ me when you find out for sure...but for now since her wedding is in a couple of weeks can you guess how much geletin i should put in per batch of that recipe? TIA

projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 3:14pm
post #45 of 54

The recipe is awesome thumbs_up.gif

Please make it with the whipping cream first and try it before you just add oreos to buttercream. No comparison, IMHO two different tastes. Of course, either tastes good, but the whipped cream version is to die for! So light!

Also, I have left it out for a couple of hours with no ill effects.

loveqm Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 6:57am
post #46 of 54

I want to know if it is left out for a couple of hours will it just soak into the cakes? If it will be a stacked cake will it ooze out the sides of the cake?

lilkimberb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilkimberb Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 12:45pm
post #47 of 54

I used it in a cake and my sister left it out for a couple of hours and it didn't ooze. I made it pretty think too.

loveqm Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 8:57pm
post #48 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkimberb

I used it in a cake and my sister left it out for a couple of hours and it didn't ooze. I made it pretty thnk too.

how many cakes did u stacked w. it? Im planning to make a 3 tier cake w/ 4 layers in each tier do you think it would be ok?

laura_d_v Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laura_d_v Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 2:03pm
post #49 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveqm

ok..my cousin wants me to do her groom's cake and she loves oreos... so I was thinking would this be a good filling for a groom's cake? I mean with it sitting out for a couple of hours in the reception hall. If not by itself, what can I add to it to make it stabile enought to sit out for a wedding.
TIA!
Mel

Granted it wasn't the cookies and cream filling, but the wedding cake for my brother's wedding a couple of week's ago was filled with whipped white chocolate ganache. I set up the cake at the reception hall at 10am (had to be at the church for pics at 11am). When everyone got over to the reception by 1:30 and cake cutting at 2pm, it was still fine. I did ask the reception hall staff to crank the A/C though, and it was only about 70 degrees outside. But it held up quite well and tasted great. I would suppose that the cookies and cream would hold up as well?

Laura

loveqm Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 7:59pm
post #50 of 54

Thanks Laura..
I will be trying this recipe out this weekend for a bd cake that needs to travel 2 hours to, so I will see how it handles this...
Thabnks again! =)

Ray75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ray75 Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 8:25pm
post #51 of 54

If you want to stabilize your ceam, add 1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin to 1 cup whipping cream/heavy cream as the cream starts to get thick. First soften your gelatin. I use this method all the time, even in the summer and it stands up well.

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 8:33pm
post #52 of 54

i think i have a stabilizer at home that i bought from the cake store. i think it was a mistake, but i still have it. it's powder. Will this work too?

Ray75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ray75 Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 8:37pm
post #53 of 54

I'm not sure how a stabilizer would work, that's a good one. If its fine powder, maybe experiment, if you're willing to, with heavy/whipping cream. Maybe someone that's used it will come a long...

loveqm Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 6:42pm
post #54 of 54

hey ladies..
I made the filing and have a lot of extra so I was wondering is there anyway to store this in the freezer or something? or how long will it alst in the fridge?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%