Icing Storage

Decorating By 1haleyj Updated 23 Mar 2015 , 8:37pm by -K8memphis

1haleyj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1haleyj Posted 22 Mar 2015 , 12:10am
post #1 of 4

How long can I store home made buttercream icing? Recipe uses butter and cream cheese. I am looking to make large batches ahead of time and store.

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 22 Mar 2015 , 6:48pm
post #2 of 4

a week in the fridge but you'll risk losing some quality by then too -- it would freeze longer -- but i always erred on as fresh as possible -- and i mean i use the freezer, i freeze all my cakes but they are baked to order never more than a week in there for a client -- most everything was made the same week y'know early or mid week for a weekend destination

1haleyj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1haleyj Posted 23 Mar 2015 , 8:15pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for your reply.  I wasn't sure about freezing the cream cheese, that's I big help.  I too err on the side of freshness, and by freshness I mean getting up at 4:30 am to make frosting for a weekend event.  I work full time in healthcare and this getting up early thing on weekends is getting old!  I have 200 cupcakes to make for a wedding in a couple of weeks and your info is a huge help! Thanks again

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Mar 2015 , 8:37pm
post #4 of 4

you're welcome -- it's refreshing to hear you're not staying up all night but i hope you're not shorting your sleep -- your body doesn't forget -- i know you know that -- 

hope all goes very well

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%