How Long Will They Last?

Decorating By allysons Updated 21 Sep 2005 , 6:26pm by MoonicaLeigh

allysons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allysons Posted 21 Sep 2005 , 6:18pm
post #1 of 5

This isn't cake-related, but I figured you bakers would know the answer icon_wink.gif

I sent out a care-package to dh today (he's just in the field). I included some baked brownies which I made today. I thought he would receive it on Friday, but now I heard that it probably won't be until Mon or Tues. Will they be hard by then??

I put them in an airtight container and seperated the layers with wax paper. They were the fudgy-like brownies, so maybe that will help keep them moist longer??

4 replies
MoonicaLeigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MoonicaLeigh Posted 21 Sep 2005 , 6:21pm
post #2 of 5

They should last for a while. My decorating instructor sent cupcakes to Afghanistan for my husband and his guys, she used a food saver to vaccum out most of the air, and they were great, so I would imagine that just for a few days the airtight container would be good as well.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 21 Sep 2005 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 5

I have done it the same way....all the way to Saudi and Bahrain.....they were fine, and the guys know how long it takes to get there, and how fast they have to eat them once they arrive......

allysons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allysons Posted 21 Sep 2005 , 6:23pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks. I will have to remember the food saver for when he's in Iraq. Although since I'm in Germany, the mail shouldn't take as long to get there! icon_smile.gif

MoonicaLeigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MoonicaLeigh Posted 21 Sep 2005 , 6:26pm
post #5 of 5

Food Saver is wonderful!! I sent homemade candy, etc to the guys and never had a problem!!! Good Luck!! =o)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%