Cake Designing Software

Decorating By itdoesntbatter Updated 18 Dec 2014 , 11:17pm by HamSquad

itdoesntbatter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itdoesntbatter Posted 22 Nov 2014 , 6:34pm
post #1 of 5

AHey again guys! Does anybody have any experience with Cake Designing apps or software? Im getting overwhelmed trying to sketch out cake designs for clients in a timely and neat manner. Any suggestions or cost friendly ideas would be great. I don't want to regret paying for something that sucks:) thanks

4 replies
itdoesntbatter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itdoesntbatter Posted 23 Nov 2014 , 5:49pm
post #2 of 5

AAnyone? Any takers bakers?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 Nov 2014 , 5:54pm
post #3 of 5

I draw stick cakes.  Never a problem.  Paper and colored pencils are cheap.  Works.

jenbug1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbug1 Posted 18 Dec 2014 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 5

If you are an iOS user (iPhone or iPad) you could check out our app TieredCaker.  Currently it is not a designing app but it does have 3D cake images that you can color and change the height of each tier and you can save that image and open it up in a drawing app and sketch details on the cake image. There is a video on our website that shows the features of the app.

OR

If you are familiar with using programs like Photoshop, you can find some great videos  by Liz Marek on cake sketching. (She does amazing sketches!!)  You can also purchase the templates from her and on the CakeFu site I believe.  This is not drag and drop decorating though, so if you are looking for super easy without an learning curve, this is probably not your thing.  Hope that helps!

jen

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 18 Dec 2014 , 11:17pm
post #5 of 5

AWedding Cake Design Pro! It cost, but it is a drag and drop. Also you have to purchase the additional features. I've had this program since 2007. I love it. It is on the web, check it out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%