Lemon Meringue Cupcakes Help?!

Baking By tessholly1 Updated 16 Nov 2014 , 10:24pm by tessholly1

tessholly1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tessholly1 Posted 15 Nov 2014 , 4:48pm
post #1 of 5

AHi everyone, A friend of mine would like Lemon Meringue flavour cupcakes for her husbands birthday!! Just wondering what everyone's take on this would be.. I'm thinking lemon cupcake with the core cut out and filled with lemon curd then I guess a plain meringue swirl on top?! She's chosen a football theme as well so would I be able to color the meringue swirl to look like grass etc??

4 replies
JayJay23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JayJay23 Posted 15 Nov 2014 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 5

When I make lemon meringue cupcakes I just use vanilla cake with a lemon curd filling and meringue as the icing. I also brown the tops of the meringue to look like lemon meringue pie. I don't know how meringue would look coloured like grass but you could try. You could also put football picks in the top as decoration, like these

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1e3UoWXH-3DhqOpR84PAaP34Mg969cNpL6TgYKs_JB8AP4KS8hg

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 15 Nov 2014 , 8:07pm
post #3 of 5

AYou could add some lemon zest to the meringue just to give it some nice fresh taste too and add some green tea pigments. That's natural food dye and taste good to, especially with the lemon curd. You can then pipe grass on the cupcakes and maybe a football on one, made out of fondant.

cakefat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefat Posted 16 Nov 2014 , 2:34am
post #4 of 5

you could tint the meringue green to look like grass, like you've mentioned. 

I've used this recipe many times and it's actually very easy, fast and they taste amazing.

It was on Jr. Chef by a little girl who made them during the competition. 

http://www.atkokken.com/2011/02/08/isabellas-lemon-meringue-cupcake/

tessholly1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tessholly1 Posted 16 Nov 2014 , 10:24pm
post #5 of 5

AThanks for all your ideas, I'm going to do a trial run and see which way works out best.. Fingers crossed :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%