Fondant Decoration On Whipped Cream Icing

Decorating By AgBaker Updated 13 Dec 2014 , 6:07pm by AgBaker

AgBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgBaker Posted 31 Oct 2014 , 7:38pm
post #1 of 6

AI am making a choc mousse cake and plan on using whipped cream to ice the top and sides. Can i stick fondant and gumpaste decoration to whipped cream? What should I use as a glue? I just want to glue on simple fondant rounds/circles of different colors on the sides.

Also should i let the cream set up a bit in the fridge before putting the decorations on it?

Thank you!

5 replies
emy fadel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emy fadel Posted 31 Oct 2014 , 8:41pm
post #2 of 6

AI think the fondant may bleed its colours onto the whipped cream frosting. why don't you try using something else to make the circles, chocolate chips maybe....

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 31 Oct 2014 , 9:15pm
post #3 of 6

I once put fondant 'rolled roses' (if you can call big ugly chunks of thick fondant rolled into coils roses lol) onto whipped cream and I can tell you that the colour ran everywhere. They didn't just bleed a little, there was literally little rivers of fondant running all over the whipped cream. It is definitely on my 'don't do that again.....ever' list.

begincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
begincake Posted 1 Nov 2014 , 2:40am
post #4 of 6

I don't think the whipped cream will hold the circles especially on the sides.

AgBaker Posted 1 Nov 2014 , 4:45am
post #5 of 6

AThank you all. I will use smbc instead of whipped cream then.

AgBaker Posted 13 Dec 2014 , 6:07pm
post #6 of 6

Hello all,

So would it matter if I use stabilized whipped cream?  

Today I am working on a cake for my brother and he likes my strawberry and whipped cream cake.  It is his anniversary, so I am thinking I will place some gumpaste flowers on the top of the cake to make it a lil fancy :)

Should I place a lil bit of parchment paper under the flowers to prevent bleeding of colors?  I am a complete novice when it comes to decorating and hence so many questions.  Thanks all!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%