Trick Or Treat

Lounge By cazza1 Updated 4 Nov 2014 , 4:48am by Gerle

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 31 Oct 2014 , 9:33am
post #1 of 15

Just had my first Trick or treaters.  I'm a Meaney.  I asked them what they were going to do if I said 'Trick".  They just stared blankly at me.  The girl (about 7yo) took one of the knife cupcakes.  I heard an almighty scream from the front yard as she was walking away eating it.  I neglected to tell them that I had hallowed out the middle and filled them with strawberry blood.  This is FUN!

Bleeding cupcakes

Spider bickies

14 replies
winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 31 Oct 2014 , 9:55am
post #2 of 15

AYour treats are awesome. I have one child lying in bed with a sore stomach - apparently it's not the done thing to come home with anything in your bag, you need to ingest all of it while on the move - until your stomach objects obviously!

Second child slightly more sensible but only slightly.

Sometimes I wonder who these children are related to - and then I remember their father has an endless capacity for sweets. Maybe they're clones.....I don't think they could possibly have any of my DNA!

Enjoy scaring small people, but be careful, you'll want to do it all the time!

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 31 Oct 2014 , 10:50am
post #3 of 15

Ha, the small people aren't scared at all.  I'm going to get a witch costume for next year, maybe that will help. 

Very, very slow night.  Only had 14 and it is starting to get dark and that is usually the end of it here.  The bloody cupcakes were winners and are all gone.  Seems that my house is the only one in the street that has handed anything out.  Hard to know if next year anyone will come back or not.  It swings violently and I think it is dependent on the reaction people get.  I must say that the constumes this year have been fantastic and not just some half a$$ attempt so they can get free stuff.

Still, I've had fun making my bits and the reaction to them has been fantastic.

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 31 Oct 2014 , 10:59am
post #4 of 15

AI'd be stopping by if you were just a little closer to my house! I was the proud parent of a zombie (with full stage make up, took half an hour to scrub if off when we got home) and Toothless from how to train your dragon - all home made costumes, the girls figure it gives a better return in lollies.

Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 31 Oct 2014 , 11:42am
post #5 of 15

Interesting, children are not allowed to draw guns in school and say word "bomb", they get in trouble if they do any of this, and we teach them that eating bloody cupcakes with a knife in it is ok.

Crystal72384 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crystal72384 Posted 31 Oct 2014 , 12:44pm
post #6 of 15

A

Original message sent by Natka81

Interesting, children are not allowed to draw guns in school and say word "bomb", they get in trouble if they do any of this, and we teach them that eating bloody cupcakes with a knife in it is ok.

It's just a cupcake :?

BTW, I think they are awesome!

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 31 Oct 2014 , 8:49pm
post #7 of 15

You're lucky you can give homemade goodies out at Halloween.  Here in the states, at least in California, people are told to not provide homemade goodies because parents will throw them out for fear of them containing drugs or something else not good for kids.  You can provide them at a party, but not for giving to the door knockers.  It happened a few years ago -- razor blades in apples, drugs inside candy -- unfortunately it even happened with the drugs in store bought candy.  It was inserted with a syringe.  Will never understand why people have to turn a simple, fun loving child's adventure into something horrible!

Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 31 Oct 2014 , 9:09pm
post #8 of 15

Wow, I haven`t heard anything like that in Virginia.

We lived in the neghtborhood where homeowners association sent out letters Before Haloween that says, if anybody doesn`t want trick or treaters come to your doors, then turn off outside lights and if you want them to come to your doors keep outside light on.

Anyway,  with every year Haloween  gets scarier. 

reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 31 Oct 2014 , 9:18pm
post #9 of 15

AAwesome treats. I wish we could give out treats like this but here too we can't give out anything like that or even anything unwrapped as it will get tossed and for very good reason. I guess we have too many mean, nasty and criminal people here that like to hurt kids.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 31 Oct 2014 , 9:27pm
post #10 of 15

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazza1 
This is FUN!

Bleeding cupcakesSpider bickies

@cazza1  You really scored with these awesome scary goodies, they are super scary!!. 

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 31 Oct 2014 , 9:37pm
post #11 of 15

AI love the cupcakes. I think I may make some for work next year and I could hand them out to the kids I know that come to the door.

mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 8:57pm
post #12 of 15

AThis was just posted from one of the towns near our area, a mom found an open package of Jolly Rancher from her daughter's trick or treat candies and inspected it. It had a razor inside! WTF? How could some people be so evil? :(

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 9:31pm
post #13 of 15

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattyeatscakes 

This was just posted from one of the towns near our area, a mom found an open package of Jolly Rancher from her daughter's trick or treat candies and inspected it. It had a razor inside! WTF? How could some people be so evil? icon_sad.gif

That's just awful, probably the worst Halloween story I've heard. What is wrong with (some) people?

mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 4 Nov 2014 , 4:42am
post #14 of 15

ARight? :( I saw it on the news, the razor blade was hidden inside the chewy candy, good thing it was a bit bigger than the candy so you can still see the metal. That crazy person really wanted to harm the child who will unknowingly eat it :(

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 4 Nov 2014 , 4:48am
post #15 of 15

We had very few kids come around our house this year.  I think it's because a lot of the churches and schools do things for the kids so they can still get the Halloween experience some what, but without the worry of drugs, razor blades or whatever being placed in the candy.  And some parents would only go to the houses of their family and friends for the same reason.  So sad to see what used to be a fun kids event turn into something so horrible!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%