Cake Planning

Decorating By Aish90 Updated 9 Oct 2014 , 10:34pm by Aish90

Aish90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aish90 Posted 9 Oct 2014 , 5:41pm
post #1 of 5

AI am terrible at planning cakes. My son's party is on Sunday. So far I have fillings and frosting ready and baked v the cakes which I froze. I don't want to leave anything last min, and want everything to be ready on time as I have too get the children ready etc. So when shall I torte/level/fill the cake...when shall I put fondant on it...and the decorations? Onde I put fondant on it shall refrigerate it? It is a 3 tier cske with swiss meringue buttercream and ganache. I am very soow... :(

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Oct 2014 , 6:12pm
post #2 of 5

if you're slow & methodical start now -- have you ever kept your fondanted cakes in the fridge before? are the fillings hazardous needing to be kept cold? is the party at your house or are you traveling with it?

Aish90 Posted 9 Oct 2014 , 6:59pm
post #3 of 5

AI did refrigerate it once it was ok. The fondant became a little hard but was ok once we took it out the filling is ganachd and swiss meringue buttercream. I'd be traveling to the hall with the cake... :l

So how shall I break everything up in the following days?

Thanks for your help

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Oct 2014 , 8:08pm
post #4 of 5

i would just plan to have it all assembled into tiers and iced today, fondanted tomorrow and decorated saturday

Aish90 Posted 9 Oct 2014 , 10:34pm
post #5 of 5

AIf I do all tha today will it be ok till Sunday? Shoukd I keep it in fridge?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%