Pasta Rollers

Decorating By Gerle Updated 2 Oct 2014 , 1:34am by maybenot

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 1 Oct 2014 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 5

I'm trying to put together a Christmas list for my family and one of the items I want to purchase for rolling out fondant/gumpaste is a pasta roller.  The ones that attach to a Kitchen Aid mixer are too expensive for my kids to buy for me, so I wanted to get a hand crank one.  But......I don't know which one would be best.  I'd like to keep the cost below $60 if possible.  What are some of your recommendations?  And thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

4 replies
MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 1 Oct 2014 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 5
dirtycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rusti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rusti Posted 1 Oct 2014 , 8:54pm
post #4 of 5

AYou can get them in Michaels, over by the polymer clay. They are called craft clay machine but are identical to the more expensive pasta machines. Plus if you watch the paper or sign up for Michaels emails you can use a 40% or 50% coupon to buy it. I have two.

maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 2 Oct 2014 , 1:34am
post #5 of 5

I agree with MBAlaska--if you have a KA mixer, the ONLY pasta roller than makes sense IS the KA attachment.  Those hand cranked ones are a pain.


Bed, Bath, & Beyond has the KA roller for $79.99.  With a 20% off coupon, you're so close to that $60 mark.  With 12 weeks till Christmas, $6/week and you've even got the tax covered.


You won't regret it, ever.

Quote by @%username% on %date%