Drawing A Complete Blank!

Decorating By lauralee422 Updated 12 Sep 2014 , 3:28pm by forjenns

lauralee422 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauralee422 Posted 11 Sep 2014 , 9:22pm
post #1 of 5

AHey guys.. dontcha love it.... someone has reqested a cake from me for a 15 year old who likes "seashells" and the color aqua- and can I also incorporate an attached edible image of a boy that the girl likes from youtube (I got an 8" round image printed up, he's actually on a beach in the picture) . I mean I am at a complete loss. She doesnt want/need a two tier cake, only an 8" 3 layer cake (I've baked it already, and it's frozen).. she said the girl likes tye dyed cakes so I did a aqua ombre effect with the batter. It came out cute. What would u guys do? I'm literally on the fence, Id rather just do butter cream but she'd be fine with fondant too. Any thoughts/suggestions?

I thought about a blue ombre pedal design on the sides, image on the top.. but she's a teenager is that "cool" enough? Looking for some help!

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Sep 2014 , 9:43pm
post #2 of 5

Ai'd stick with butter cream and do an aqua ombre opposite the ombre inside -- then layer or just stick sea shells all the way around -- I'd make white chocolate sea shells with a few stray aqua swirls --

i think the petals should be sea shells --

then the picture of the boy on top with the inscription

easyaspie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
easyaspie Posted 11 Sep 2014 , 10:03pm
post #3 of 5

AYou could do a tie dye effect but with aqua blues and greens? Or just aqua and white. With fondant! Then add sea shells a Maybe a picture on top with a seashell border on too and bottom. But put the tie die fondant on before the picture and the boarders.

lauralee422 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauralee422 Posted 12 Sep 2014 , 1:54pm
post #4 of 5

AThanks guys :)

forjenns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forjenns Posted 12 Sep 2014 , 3:28pm
post #5 of 5

I did a beach themed cake a couple years ago with the ombre dot technique but instead of using a round tip I used the #32 Wilton star tip - it gave it a shell look on the side of the cake - it was pretty cool

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%