Looking For Some Help On Buying A Stand Mixer In India...can Anyone Help?

Lounge By kkmcmahan Updated 13 Sep 2014 , 1:04pm by karennayak

kkmcmahan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkmcmahan Posted 11 Sep 2014 , 7:23pm
post #1 of 12

Hey, I will be traveling from the US to India soon (Jaipur) to visit my daughter and want to surprise her with a standup mixer, 220v, while I am there.  

A couple of questions:

Is this something I can easily find in a store in Jaipur? or should I buy it online to be shipped to her house?

Is there a particular brand you would recommend? I found these online and of course the KA is about 3 times the price of the other two.  Should I still go with the KA or is there another brand just as good?

KitchenAid 5KSM150PSEER Stand Mixer

MULTISTAR MSM908WH WHITE MULTI FUNCTION STAND MIXER 220-240 VOL

SEVERIN 3886 STAND MIXER FOR 220 VOLTS

Thanks

11 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Sep 2014 , 7:46pm
post #2 of 12

dang, last time i was in jaipur i brought my mixers with me -- don't leave home without 'em (never been there ;)

idk between the models but as for the prices -- how much would she bake/mix? if a couple times a month-- get the lower priced but if it's a couple times a week get the ka --

what a great gift! what an awesome mom!

kkmcmahan Posted 11 Sep 2014 , 8:05pm
post #3 of 12

Hey K8, you're right about the model.  I'm sure she would only use it a couple of times a month.  I will be there for just over a month so as long as it lasts until then.  (I was thinking about bringing a hand mixer with me so your comment is right in line with my thoughts!)

So now I just need to find out if they are easy to pick up there or if I should order it.  Jaipur is a fair sized city but I don't recall seeing any when I was there a few years ago (of course I wasn't out looking for one).  Hopefully someone from that area can give me some advice too.

kkmcmahan Posted 12 Sep 2014 , 10:35am
post #4 of 12

Now that it is a better time of day for India...anyone out there that can give me some advice?

-K8memphis Posted 12 Sep 2014 , 5:45pm
post #5 of 12
kkmcmahan Posted 12 Sep 2014 , 5:50pm
post #6 of 12

That would be my preferred one also but its not 220v so I will have to go with one of lesser value; probably about $5000 lesser value!

-K8memphis Posted 12 Sep 2014 , 5:54pm
post #7 of 12

the one  that looked like a ka costs that much? -- wow -- whoa --

can you use one of those converters? to change the electricity? maybe?

kkmcmahan Posted 12 Sep 2014 , 6:07pm
post #8 of 12

Opps, can't count, I was looking at the 3rd one down.  Looks like their shipping, even within India, is too expensive.

-K8memphis Posted 12 Sep 2014 , 6:12pm
post #9 of 12

i hope you find one and i hope you post your ultimate results -- everyone should have a mixer!

karennayak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karennayak Posted 13 Sep 2014 , 3:40am
post #10 of 12

Hi,

I am originally from India, now living in Singapore. I know that the Kenwood Chef and Chef Major are both available in my city ... Mumbai. If you are passing through Mumbai, that might be an option. But I doubt that it will be available in Jaipur.

There are other light-weight stand mixers available, Phillips etc. I have one which I use for smaller quantities and I have a Chef Major.

If you would like info about stores in Mumbai, let me know.

Karen

kkmcmahan Posted 13 Sep 2014 , 10:20am
post #11 of 12

Thank you for your reply Karen, this is all good to know!  I will be flying straight to Delhi and then onto Jaipur.  Sounds like the best bet is to pickup one there.  The lightweight will probably work for now.  Thanks all!

karennayak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karennayak Posted 13 Sep 2014 , 1:04pm
post #12 of 12

http://www.kitchenaidindia.com/countertop-appliances/

http://www.kitchenaidindia.com/find-a-store/

http://www.kenwoodworld.com/en-in/customer-service/distributors

Hope you find what you are looking for. If you are looking for the local/lightweight appliances, then croma or reliancedigital in delhi should stock them.

Karen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%