Help Me With My Own Wedding Cake Design Ladies!

Decorating By xxsharlenexx Updated 20 Aug 2014 , 8:34pm by kazita

xxsharlenexx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xxsharlenexx Posted 20 Aug 2014 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 5

AOk so im an established cake decorator in my city... And im doing my own wedding cake.

People are expecting something amazing as obviously i do it for a living, but im seriously stuck with even thinking of a design!!

I was considering going completely plain to shock.. But i know my guests wil be dissapointed.

My day is very floral so im going to have lots of fresh flowers on there in pinks and peaches... Its also rustic.. But ive thrown a spanner in the works with my heavily beaded a line dress.

I was considering covering the four tiers in beads/ glass/ivory pearls to coordinate with my dress (have added a photo of the detail) with fresh flowers cascading down the front but i think i need to add something rusticy in there and not so glam and glitzy!!

Does anyone have ANY ideas or suggestions im literally throwing blanks!! Its going to be all dummy cakes so doesnt matter if its not edible its just for show :)

Xx

[IMG ALT=""]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3277850/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

4 replies
cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 20 Aug 2014 , 4:31pm
post #2 of 5

AYou could do a "rustic" iced cake with fresh flowers cascading down it. Brings together the floral and rustic parts of your wedding. I would see if the florist has any way to bling the flowers a little. That would jazz it up a bit without being overly glitzy.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 20 Aug 2014 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 5

ACongratulations on your wedding!

How about rustic bc iced, fresh flowers as planned, and a fondant ribbon with sparkling sugar/disco dust mix glued on it with piping gel around the base of each tier?

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 20 Aug 2014 , 8:24pm
post #4 of 5

AI would just do as you Said you were gonna do with all the glam then maybe use burlap ribbon around cake

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%