Cake Boss Software?

Business By quinncakes Updated 16 Oct 2014 , 12:06pm by 810whitechoc

quinncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quinncakes Posted 12 Aug 2014 , 5:07am
post #1 of 10

I am working on getting a little business set up, I was thinking about purchasing the CAKE BOSS management software, is there anyone who has it and if you like or dislike it? Also the other question I had was if I have it downloaded to one computer and I want to switch it over to a new computer, am I able to do so? Thanks :-D   Oh, if anyone has experience with any other software of this type they would like to recommend, that would be great also!

9 replies
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 12 Aug 2014 , 1:11pm
post #2 of 10

Excel works quite well. No fancy icons, though :wink: 

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 12 Aug 2014 , 3:59pm
post #3 of 10

AI use excel

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 12 Aug 2014 , 7:25pm
post #4 of 10

AI use Cake Boss software. I love it! It is easy to use and keeps track of everything for me. It is also great when tax time rolls around. I just print out my report and take it to the account. Everything is all there.

lanawith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanawith Posted 13 Aug 2014 , 12:22am
post #5 of 10

Cake Boss software is actually something you log onto over the internet, not something that you actually download onto your computer.  This means you can log into it from anywhere, on any computer, just like you logged into cakecentral.com but it's your software.

I used to have this massive excel spreadsheet to do all my calculations, but OMG is cakeboss a lifesaver.  It does everything for you, keeps it in one place, and is a dream at tax time.  It is well worth the investment.

Oh, and it makes you look so much more professional as it not only calculates what you should charge for a cake, but also churns out an invoice, keeps a customer log, maintains a calendar, and tracks payments.  Now you can even use to get paid via paypal strait through the 'software'.

I can say enough good things about it, and no they didn't pay me to promote it :)

quinncakes Posted 13 Aug 2014 , 5:23am
post #6 of 10

Thank you for the input!  It sounds amazing! lol. I was thinking I wish I could "look around" on it and see if it was something I wanted, haha. I did a few years back, I bought Biz Tools Pro for small businesses, but I wanted something a little extra for this specifically. the cake calculating would definitely be a life saver!!  I was also worried about not being able to transfer easily between computers, but if it's online then there's no problem :)

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 13 Oct 2014 , 3:22pm
post #7 of 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by quinncakes 

Also the other question I had was if I have it downloaded to one computer and I want to switch it over to a new computer, am I able to do so? Thanks :-D   Oh, if anyone has experience with any other software of this type they would like to recommend, that would be great also!

The computer I had it on crashed, and I lost my software. I tried to re-download it & they told me I had to buy a new version. Really disappointed in their customer service. 

quinncakes Posted 15 Oct 2014 , 10:32pm
post #8 of 10

AOh, thanks for telling me! Would it be possible to back it up or download to an external

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 15 Oct 2014 , 11:42pm
post #9 of 10

That I don't know. I wish I had tried though. Such a waste of money, and now trying to be forced into an upgrade. Very unhappy with that company.

810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 16 Oct 2014 , 12:06pm
post #10 of 10

I had the software version and found it a little frustrating that I could only use it on the computer it was loaded onto.  I have upgraded to the cloud version, it didn't cost me anything because I purchased after July last year.  I am very happy with the cloud version, find it very easy to use.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%