Computer Cake

Decorating By Ayeshasi Updated 23 Jun 2014 , 9:54pm by -K8memphis

Ayeshasi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayeshasi Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 6

Can anyone help me here please ladies....

I have this cake or similar one to make for Thursday.

Not sure how I would make the monitor stand on the semi circle cake....any ideas, tips?

Im thinking to use a board (maybe a cake board) and cover it in fondant. Then put an edible sheet on the front for the screen.

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 7:41pm
post #2 of 6

you gotta picture?

but your decorating theory sounds pretty solid already

Ayeshasi Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 7:42pm
post #3 of 6

Oops, sorry...forgot to add the image

-K8memphis Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 7:55pm
post #4 of 6

i'm gonna guess that that monitor is not edible and is not made with fondant -- it's made with lightweight materials-- actually looks like white tape across the front to make the frame -- so it can just be held on in the back and stay suspended like that-- cause fondant is too heavy to pull that off in my guestimation --

but kudos to 'em if it is fondant but it doesn't even look like the rest of the cake so i don't think it is plus the corners on the monitor are super squared off and the keyboard has a more rounded look --

and you don't need an edible image if you use a cake cardboard --

Ayeshasi Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 8:47pm
post #5 of 6

Oh yeh,thanks for that lol! Forgot if I use cardboard then no need for edible sheet :s.

Any idea how I can get it to stand though?

-K8memphis Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 9:54pm
post #6 of 6

sure attach another piece of cardboard to the back with a fold in it so you have two 'legs' -- like an upside down "L" the short leg is attached to the monitor and the long leg goes down into the cake --

in fact you can also slide bamboo shish ka bob skewers into the corrugated cardboard channels in the cake board and let them stick out and you can sink those into the bottom board as well --

if the monitor is too heavy--put in a bracket to support the angle--

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%