Tiered Cake Box With Center Support

Decorating By thelittlebakeryshop Updated 29 May 2014 , 10:45pm by thelittlebakeryshop

thelittlebakeryshop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thelittlebakeryshop Posted 26 May 2014 , 4:09am
post #1 of 7

Recently on FB an ad showed up for a large plastic box with a center support for transporting a stacked cake.  I looked at the image in the ad of a lady holding the box at an angle and the ad saying protect your cake and it will be save during transport.  I didn't give much credibility to the ad because of the way the woman in the ad was holding the box I could tell it was a fake cake.  I thought no way she would be able to so easily hold a 4 tired cake that way it would be so heavy.  Well I now want to do some investigation on the box but can't find the ad.  As anyone see it or do you know what I am talking about?  If someone could post a link to a website with info about the box I would appreciate it.  I wish I had looked more closely at the ad.  I have several cake orders in the next three months I need a safer transport method. 

Thank you.

6 replies
Nadiaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nadiaa Posted 26 May 2014 , 4:16am
post #2 of 7

I imagine it would be an ad for Cake Safe. Lol, there was quite a commotion about Cake Safes here last year!

thelittlebakeryshop Posted 26 May 2014 , 5:13am
post #3 of 7

I think you are right.  Thank you.  Now about that commotion.  What was the problem?  Is it a bad product?  My husband helped me deliver a cake today and he said I needed some sort of box with a center support and then he drew a picture and it was just like that cake safe box.  So I thought I better investigate.  

Nadiaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nadiaa Posted 26 May 2014 , 5:37am
post #4 of 7

Oh, no not at all! I hear it's fantastic. There was just a LOT of publicity on this site for them last year and it became the standing joke for a while. I think it's a brilliant idea, just on the expensive side. Do a search for cake safe on the forum and lots of info will come up too. 

thelittlebakeryshop Posted 26 May 2014 , 5:49am
post #5 of 7

Oh great.  I did look and it looks like a great product.  I was just worried that it might be cheesy or not up to what they advertise it to be.  It does look a little spendy, but if it truly keeps cakes safe than it may be worth the cost. With the amount of wedding cake I make I may need to buy a couple.  

Thank you for the information.  I appreciate your time.

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 26 May 2014 , 6:18am
post #6 of 7

AWhy do you need a safer transport method?

thelittlebakeryshop Posted 29 May 2014 , 10:45pm
post #7 of 7

When transporting a wedding cake or stacked cake I am concerned about wobbling or shifting of the cake to the point that the cake may become destroyed during the drive to the delivery.  I drive slow and have an assistant sit in the back of the van to watch but with bumps in the road and turning some corners and just general vibrations I have had cakes start to crack and come apart.  I try to stack cakes at the venue but if a cake has a design that is incorporated in all the tiers I sometimes can't avoid stacking before transporting.  I just want to find a way to ensure that my hard, long hours of work don't come undone because I haven't taken every measure to transport in the safest way.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%