Dairy Free Cupcake Recipe Needed

Baking By CakeIstryByRhea Updated 9 May 2014 , 6:05am by bakernoob

CakeIstryByRhea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeIstryByRhea Posted 8 May 2014 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 4

AJust wondering if anyone has tested and tasted a great dairy free cupcake recipe, both chocolate and vanilla. Frosting too please. Eggs are ok apparently!! Hopefully someone out there has a proven winner!

3 replies
winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 9 May 2014 , 4:46am
post #2 of 4

AI just made a gluten, soy and dairy-free cake. I used my normal recipe, and to eliminate dairy, I used Nuttelex margarine (a vegan margarine available in Australia) and almond milk. The almond milk really enhanced the flavour of the cake which also contained almond and hazelnut meal. I was surprised that it actually tasted good!

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 9 May 2014 , 5:47am
post #3 of 4

I too use nuttelex in place of the butter, if you don't mind the taste of coconut being in your cake replace the milk with coconut cream and you will have a beautiful rich cake - especially good in chocolate cake :-) Otherwise just replace the milk with any dairy free milk alternative (make sure to check the label for any dairy products if it doesn't state that it is dairy free) and you should be fine. Just have a trial run before the cake is needed if you are unsure.

bakernoob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakernoob Posted 9 May 2014 , 6:05am
post #4 of 4

I use Earth Balance vegan butter & almond milk. Cakes turn out just as if I used "regular" ingredients 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%