How Do I Learn To Avoid Overdecoratingitis..............

Decorating By MBalaska Updated 8 May 2014 , 11:19am by Mimimakescakes

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 8 May 2014 , 12:04am
post #1 of 8

Isn't that the official term for putting too much crap on a cake when just a few touches of something would do?

How in the world do you superb cake decorating 'Artists' know when to stop, when enough is enough, and just back-away-from-the cake....... It is beyond me

:cry:

7 replies
howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 8 May 2014 , 12:17am
post #2 of 8

I don't know - I'm kind of naturally a minimalist. Maybe like they say with jewelry: Put on what you think is right and then remove one piece.

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 8 May 2014 , 12:19am
post #3 of 8

Maybe this is helpful - I often make more decorations than needed. Don't feel compelled to put them on just because you made them, you know?

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 8 May 2014 , 12:19am
post #4 of 8

Think like Coco Chanel, lol

"When accessorizing always take off the last thing you put on"

as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 8 May 2014 , 12:29am
post #5 of 8

AI always figure it's enough around the time I think "Screw it, I'm tired! I'm not getting paid enough for this!"

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 8 May 2014 , 12:58am
post #6 of 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by as you wish 

I always figure it's enough around the time I think "Screw it, I'm tired! I'm not getting paid enough for this!"

I like that answer.  :) 

and the Coco Chanel advice,  what a gal she was. "“I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little - if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny.”" Coco Chanel

I feel compelled to fill in every blank space of icing sometimes..........

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 8 May 2014 , 2:09am
post #7 of 8

A

Original message sent by as you wish

I always figure it's enough around the time I think "Screw it, I'm tired! I'm not getting paid enough for this!"

Hahahaha! I'm a minimalist too. I find clean lines and simple touches most attractive of all when I look at other cakes.

Mimimakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mimimakescakes Posted 8 May 2014 , 11:19am
post #8 of 8

You have to learn to listen to that internal voice that says , "step away from the cake " . 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%