Cupcake Frosting Technique Debunk Help!

Decorating By Salemsmommy13 Updated 30 Apr 2014 , 3:33pm by tazmycat

Salemsmommy13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Salemsmommy13 Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 2:44am
post #1 of 21

AHello Crystal here. I'm new to C.C. but I have been lurking in the shadows hehe. There is soon much here to absorb thank God for this website!

For the past week this cupcake design has been haunting my dreams literally:(! Lol. I'm new to frosting and this just seems like a enigma- for instance where does it begin and where does it end?? I so desperately want to achieve this does it depend on the tip or the technique the pressure or all the above?

Thanks to all that take the time to reply on contact me!

[IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3227023/width/350/height/700[/IMG] [IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3227025/width/350/height/700[/IMG] [IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3227029/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

20 replies
Rfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rfisher Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 2:55am
post #2 of 21

AGoogle Cupcake Royale, look for a video that might help shed some light.

bakernoob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakernoob Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 4:33am
post #3 of 21

I think this is what you're looking for. 

Salemsmommy13 Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 5:22am
post #4 of 21

AYOU. GUYS. ARE. AWESOME. My hubby is looking at me strange because I'm squealing like a 4 year old:-D I don't think I would have found this on my own... such a quick response guys thank you thank you thank you... I can actually sleep now...no more cupcake nightmares...lol, I freaking love this community :D:D:D

I can not wait to try this

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 6:05am
post #5 of 21

I think they are soooo ugly looking.

Salemsmommy13 Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 11:33pm
post #6 of 21

ALol @cazza1 To each there own :grin: Is there a particular swirl that you suggest as best? I would love to hear your opinion please.

Rfisher Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 1:07am
post #7 of 21

AThis one still bugs me that I cannot duplicate it.http://cdn001.cakecentral.com/d/d3/d3abed99_image.jpeg It's funny to make fun of someone asking for a tutorial for a cupcake swirl, but geez....when it happens to you... It's not funny anymore! I totally get the frustration on trying to figure out something that should be so simple. And still not get it...

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 2:21am
post #8 of 21

Rfisher, you know after looking at the close up photo of that cupcake:

it looks like it could be fondant - as it's perfectly flat with sharp square edges on each folded piece.

If it wasn't for the little bubbles on there.  fondant wouldn't have bubbles, so it must be buttercream right?

it could be done with buttercream and piping each 'folded petal' with a flat/basketweave tip. maybe :?

Salemsmommy13 Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 9:36am
post #9 of 21

A

Original message sent by Rfisher

This one still bugs me that I cannot duplicate it.http://cdn001.cakecentral.com/d/d3/d3abed99_image.jpeg It's funny to make fun of someone asking for a tutorial for a cupcake swirl, but geez....when it happens to you... It's not funny anymore! I totally get the frustration on trying to figure out something that should be so simple. And still not get it...

Lol you knowww I was actually trying to take the high road there.:lol: I am too happy to have the solution to be upset with negative comments plus the cupcake design must be liked if the owner has three bakeries no!

That pattern look kinda like this maybe [URL=http://www.sewcakemake.com/2012/04/technique-tuesday-ribbon-frosting.html]http://www.sewcakemake.com/2012/04/technique-tuesday-ribbon-frosting.html[/URL]

I might be wrong I did try searching, for ruffle or folded or pleated buttercream icing/frosting. Hth.

Rfisher Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 10:54am
post #10 of 21

AOh! I did not mean that pointed at you, I promise! I have seen other threads saying that to wonder this much and ask how one does something so simple is silly. I was just musing. I was not clear about that.

Salemsmommy13 Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 11:03am
post #11 of 21

AI was taking the high road with cazza1 not you, your perfectly fine. I just find it weird that I'm new here and new to techniques and to have someone address it so harshly with NO examples of anything better is baffling. Kinda makes me scared to ask anything else for fear that I get bashed again. But I did have three wonderful people answer promptly and happily so I take it with a grain of salt!

Did you have a chance to look over the link or any news on the technique search? It's like 6 here in mexico, and I'm having a insomniacs moment so that might not be close enough to what you were implying! I will keep following this thread so I can keep up with if anyone finds out! That design is just to cute!

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 7:26pm
post #12 of 21

Welcome to CC, Salemsmommy. I'm glad your questions have been answered. Taking the high road is always a charming trait. This is an awesome site with a wide variety of personalities and members have their own ways of responding to posts. All cazza did was state her cupcake opinion. She can be blunt, the way many of us are when responding.  

jennicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicake Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 7:44pm
post #13 of 21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rfisher 

This one still bugs me that I cannot duplicate it.http://cdn001.cakecentral.com/d/d3/d3abed99_image.jpeg
It's funny to make fun of someone asking for a tutorial for a cupcake swirl, but geez....when it happens to you...
It's not funny anymore!
I totally get the frustration on trying to figure out something that should be so simple. And still not get it...

looks like a large star tip, kind of folded back on itself!  I might just try this tomorrow to see :p

MBalaska Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 7:44pm
post #14 of 21

There's a bit of a duality that allows persons not to always know the full and complete truth.  It's a cloud of courtesy.

The courteous manner that is called for here appears to be one of "Golden Silence" meaning that if you don't like something you are expected to remain mum about it on threads.

So the truth as to what ALL the people actually think, feel, perceive, or know from their personal experiences is to be withheld, while those who do agree, support, and adore the issue at hand may join in and celebrate.     (How far off is this interpretation..........  IDK .......I'm probably missing the point entirely.)

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 7:44pm
post #15 of 21

A[quote name="Salemsmommy13" url="/t/774127/cupcake-frosting-technique-debunk-help#post_7509220"]I was taking the high road with cazza1 not you, your perfectly fine. I just find it weird that I'm new here and new to techniques and to have someone address it so harshly with NO examples of anything better is baffling. Kinda makes me scared to ask anything else for fear that I get bashed again. But I did have three wonderful people answer promptly and happily so I take it with a grain of salt!

Did you have a chance to look over the link or any news on the technique search? It's like 6 here in mexico, and I'm having a insomniacs moment so that might not be close enough to what you were implying! I will keep following this thread so I can keep up with if anyone finds out! That design is just to cute![/quote

Internet forums are perhaps not the best place to think in terms of being scared to ask something. If you said that on a forum with primarily men they'd assume you had mental problems. Many people here try to sugarcoat everything, which I personally find nauseating, so try to keep it in perspective that relative to most other forums, people here mostly speak in a nice way. Even though they may be insinuating something really nasty. I'll take cazza's remark over that any day of the week.

Welcome to cake central!

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 1:06am
post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBalaska 

There's a bit of a duality that allows persons not to always know the full and complete truth.  It's a cloud of courtesy.

The courteous manner that is called for here appears to be one of "Golden Silence" meaning that if you don't like something you are expected to remain mum about it on threads.

So the truth as to what ALL the people actually think, feel, perceive, or know from their personal experiences is to be withheld, while those who do agree, support, and adore the issue at hand may join in and celebrate.     (How far off is this interpretation..........  IDK .......I'm probably missing the point entirely.)

Quite interesting, MB. Your interpretation makes complete sense. I've noticed the ever-present dichotomy but never stopped long enough to understand why it was happening. It also explains why the business forum is the most troublesome and complicated: pragmatic business-oriented responses are met with anger by non-business dabblers who ask questions but don't like the answers (and how those answers are presented).

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 2:57am
post #17 of 21

AMBAlaska, I love the way you put that. And I don't think I've ever seen this "dichotomy" ever expressed so intelligently. Now we can just reference the cloud of courtesy and the dichotomy. Delightful :)

MBalaska Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 3:53am
post #18 of 21

My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

Rodney Dangerfield

Mimimakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mimimakescakes Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 5:01am
post #19 of 21

In Cazza's defence , I thought they were kinda ugly too. 

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 5:07am
post #20 of 21

Quote:

Originally Posted by MimiFix 

Quite interesting, MB. Your interpretation makes complete sense. I've noticed the ever-present dichotomy but never stopped long enough to understand why it was happening. It also explains why the business forum is the most troublesome and complicated: pragmatic business-oriented responses are met with anger by non-business dabblers who ask questions but don't like the answers (and how those answers are presented).

WOWZA!  Dichotomy, pragmatic, and dabblers in the same paragraph.  I could just give you a hug!  If I wasn't so deep-brain-tired from my Spanish homework, I'd think up a witty response with all sorts of fun words. 

tazmycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tazmycat Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 3:33pm
post #21 of 21

Add another who thinks they are ugly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%