Henry & Henry Fillings

Decorating By DanDos Updated 25 Apr 2014 , 8:19pm by MimiFix

DanDos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanDos Posted 25 Apr 2014 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 4

AHello everybody,

I just purchased the Henry and Henry Red Raspberry filling for a cake I have to make next week and i have not used there fillings before. So, to anybody that has used them before, does there raspberry filling tend to seep into a regular chocolate cake? I'm worried that the day before I will go to make the cake and the next day the filling will have seeped all inside the cake. I'm trying not to have to put a thin layer of buttercream under the raspberry. Please give me some info! Thank you

3 replies
kellyk1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyk1234 Posted 25 Apr 2014 , 7:06pm
post #2 of 4

I haven't used the raspberry filling yet, but I have used the strawberry and it shouldn't seep into the cake. I've used it in vanilla cake only, but I would imagine that chocolate wouldn't be any different. I would suggest to not over fill it because the cake layers will slide around a lot and create bulge after the frosting is put on. Also make sure you use a stiff dam around the layers before filling.

kellyk1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyk1234 Posted 25 Apr 2014 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 4

Forgot to add, I've made cakes up to 3 days in advance with the strawberry filling and did not seep into the cake after those 3 days or the next few days after it was eaten.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 25 Apr 2014 , 8:19pm
post #4 of 4

In my bakery I used their raspberry filling in our popular Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cake: chocolate cake layers, ganache filling, and topped with a thick layer of H&H raspberry. The sides and piping were raspberry buttercream. Refrigerated, the cake kept for six days.

Products such as those by Henry & Henry are formulated to meet the standards of commercial bakeries. Their fruit fillings are excellent and have a good shelf life. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%