Does A Rolling Ball Tool Exist?

Decorating By CakesbyCaralin Updated 9 Apr 2014 , 7:07pm by MBalaska

CakesbyCaralin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyCaralin Posted 9 Apr 2014 , 6:44pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone,


I've recently gotten in to using my ball tool a lot more (for making ruffles, thinning the edges of flower petals, etc.).  However, I find it annoying to have to roll the actual tool around in my hand.  I wish I could just move my hand back and forth and have the ball itself roll - similar to a rolling pin, except the main part of the rolling pin would be what I'd hold on to, and the rolling pin handle would the ball, which rotates.  Does that description make sense?


If this tool exists, does anyone know where I can buy it?  If not, is there a reason that this actually isn't practical (and if not, can someone invent this, please)?


Thanks so much!

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Apr 2014 , 7:04pm
post #2 of 3

hey caralin,


i don't know of any tools like that myself --  


but my comment for you is that the regular ball tool does not have to work like that-- you shouldn't have to actually roll it--just rub it over wherever you want it and just keep it from sticking with cornstarch 


best to you


MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 9 Apr 2014 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 3

It could be a ball bearing in a casing of some sort,  no that would be impossible to clean.

It would have to be a ball on a paint roller. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%