Wahhh!! Pity Party In My Kitchen!

Lounge By Sassyzan Updated 9 Apr 2014 , 7:33am by EdieBabe

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 3:16am
post #1 of 15

AMy chocolate cakes sunk in the middle because I overbeat the eggs. My yellow cakes stuck to the pan because I was too lazy to get a knife to unstick the sides and decided to try to Shake the cake out of the pan. Had to bake extra layers of each and stay up even later so I'll be even MORE grouchy with my kids tomorrow. My one kid is sick, my hubby is neglected, I haven't started my ganache yet and when I do, I fear I won't have enough and I'll have to drag my kids to the store tomorrow. Urgghhh!!!!! PLUS we are having people over tomorrow. I suck at life right now!!! I need some pity or encouragement or commiseration or something. Or wine. I'd settle for wine. Wahhh!

14 replies
cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 3:43am
post #2 of 15

I would say that the wine will help more than the pity.  But only for today.  Unfortunately it will backlash and tomorrow you  will need a double dose of pity!

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 4:00am
post #3 of 15

Okay, quick put on a double boiler 1/2 full of water, grab a coffee cup and add a lemon slice and a tablespoon of honey to it, tell your hubby to hold on to you while the cake is mixing and you are greasing the cake pans, when that's finished kiss him on the cheek, wink at him and tell him you'll be up in a bit if he promises to pick up take out in time for company tomorrow, throw the cakes in the oven, take some of the boiling water, pour it in the coffee cup, stir it, tell hubby on the way up give to your sick child, grab the heavy cream and add it to the top of the double boiler that should be piping hot by now, toss in the chocolate until smooth and completely melted, you may have some, that's better than none, run and get the biggest wine goblet in the house, fill it to the top, sit down relax and enjoy! :lol:

enga Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 4:24am
post #4 of 15

Just kidding around with you, lol. Today was just one of those days. it's almost like you need eight hands instead of two just to keep up, you will be okay. I hope tomorrow goes better for you.

Sassyzan Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 4:31am
post #5 of 15

AHaha thank you! Yes, cazza, the wine only invites more trouble! Enga, yes, I need 8 hands, especially now to wash all the dishes! Well, I did manage to make my hubby a cupcake with some leftover batter. Maybe he can spare me some pity tomorrow! Off to bed with me!

mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 4:58am
post #6 of 15

AOh i feel your pain!! I made chiffon cake earlier but used baking soda instead of baking powder :( so my cakes taste like soap.. I'd have to rebake again tomorrow :( with a two year old toddler and a two month old baby... Wahhh as if i have time to spare!!!

enga Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 5:31am
post #7 of 15

:eek:, alright, that's it, Mattyeatscakes I'm overnight shipping you 6 pairs of hands and 8 to Sassyzan. I feel bad for both of you!  

My youngest is 17 (Yippy, one more year to go!) and my kids were like stair steps they were so close together. I don't miss those days at all. You ask yourself, spare time, what's that? when dealing with toddlers. I'd rather take 16 thirteen year old's to a concert than relive any of my kids terrible twos!

You could hide chocolate anywhere in the house when my oldest was two and she would sniff it out like a bloodhound. I woke up one morning to a crash from the kitchen, she was on top of the cabinets with a mouth full of candy bars and my one year old was completely covered in flour. How did she get up there? You tell me.

You both have my greatest sympathies, here's to better days!!!!

Laurelj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laurelj Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 5:32am
post #8 of 15

AWahhhh, I feel all your pain. I baked 15 dozen cupcakes today. Have to rebake 4 dozen for some reason, one batch just shrivelled up after taking them from the oven. Note to self: NEVER, NEVER over beat your batter, 1:30 minutes tops! Plus have to take a 30 minute drive to replace the wasted special paper baking cups that I can't get just anywhere. Maybe I'll join you in a glass of that vino :grin: And still have to make all the frostings to decorate 15 dozen cupcakes, frost and decorate and be ready to deliver Saturday afternoon:-( woe is us :grin:

mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 5 Apr 2014 , 12:43am
post #9 of 15

A

Original message sent by enga

:o , alright, that's it, Mattyeatscakes I'm overnight shipping you 6 pairs of hands and 8 to Sassyzan. I feel bad for both of you!  

My youngest is 17 (Yippy, one more year to go!) and my kids were like stair steps they were so close together. I don't miss those days at all. You ask yourself, spare time, what's that? when dealing with toddlers. I'd rather take 16 thirteen year old's to a concert than relive any of my kids terrible twos!

You could hide chocolate anywhere in the house when my oldest was two and she would sniff it out like a bloodhound. I woke up one morning to a crash from the kitchen, she was on top of the cabinets with a mouth full of candy bars and my one year old was completely covered in flour. How did she get up there? You tell me.

You both have my greatest sympathies, here's to better days!!!!

Thanks enga!!! Whew :) i am finally done with the cake!! Can't wait for these two to be able to play with each other! Lol i didn't have wine, but i did have tons of coffee to get me through! :)

enga Posted 5 Apr 2014 , 1:34am
post #10 of 15

Haa  ha ha, I'm glad you got it done. I don't drink wine either but coffee, man, that is why I was up so late last night tweaking, lol. I was almost late for work.

Time flies, before you know it they will be. I know it's hard now, but you will develop your own little system and things will get easier, I promise ;-D 

Sassyzan Posted 5 Apr 2014 , 2:05am
post #11 of 15

A

Original message sent by Laurelj

Wahhhh, I feel all your pain. I baked 15 dozen cupcakes today. Have to rebake 4 dozen for some reason, one batch just shrivelled up after taking them from the oven. Note to self: NEVER, NEVER over beat your batter, 1:30 minutes tops! Plus have to take a 30 minute drive to replace the wasted special paper baking cups that I can't get just anywhere. Maybe I'll join you in a glass of that vino :grin: And still have to make all the frostings to decorate 15 dozen cupcakes, frost and decorate and be ready to deliver Saturday afternoon:-( woe is us :grin:

Ugghh, yes, that's what happened to my cakes! I have made that recipe 1000 times and I just wasn't paying attention.

Thankfully a good night's sleep, a visit from grandma, and everything came together. Even had company over and that went smoothly!! Hope you all have better luck too!!!

EdieBabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EdieBabe Posted 6 Apr 2014 , 6:59pm
post #12 of 15

AOnce upon a Desperate time a desperate measure was called for. The details involve multiple cakes being picked up within hours and disaster in cake land.... my in a pinch, **** I really hope this actually works desperate measure was replacement cakes baking in no time flat.... By way of 2 simple things... box cake+can of pop/soda stir, pour, bake... Be pleasantly surprised that it worked and send off those cakes to craft services for lunch desserts on film set. Booya!

enga Posted 6 Apr 2014 , 7:12pm
post #13 of 15

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdieBabe 

Once upon a Desperate time a desperate measure was called for. The details involve multiple cakes being picked up within hours and disaster in cake land.... my in a pinch, **** I really hope this actually works desperate measure was replacement cakes baking in no time flat.... By way of 2 simple things... box cake+can of pop/soda stir, pour, bake... Be pleasantly surprised that it worked and send off those cakes to craft services for lunch desserts on film set. Booya!

Lolz!

Laurelj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laurelj Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 12:27am
post #14 of 15

A

Original message sent by EdieBabe

Once upon a Desperate time a desperate measure was called for. The details involve multiple cakes being picked up within hours and disaster in cake land.... my in a pinch, **** I really hope this actually works desperate measure was replacement cakes baking in no time flat.... By way of 2 simple things... box cake+can of pop/soda stir, pour, bake... Be pleasantly surprised that it worked and send off those cakes to craft services for lunch desserts on film set. Booya!

Wow, you rocked it! :grin:

EdieBabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EdieBabe Posted 9 Apr 2014 , 7:33am
post #15 of 15

thanks.... just fyi should you ever need to employ such a record time save, though any box cake will do, I recommend angel food cake and fruity pop flavors... none the wiser are the cake eaters because actually it tasted fine - you'd have been hard pressed in a blind taste test to select box pop combo from a scratch angel food cake but other regular cakes you could easily tell... I tried a chocolate box cake with cola afterwards just to see.  It was a camping tips website that I first found this little trick and there it is said you can bake your cake on an open camp fire in a cast iron pan... this summer I'm checking it ;)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%