How To Cover Hulk Hands.. Any Advice Appreciated.

Decorating By Hannahscakes Updated 31 Mar 2014 , 2:29pm by 1nonlyqueen

Hannahscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hannahscakes Posted 31 Mar 2014 , 1:49am
post #1 of 4

AI have a three tiered cake this week of batman, captain America, and Spider-Man. They want the hulk fist punching through the top tier. I will be using rice Krispy treats to mold the fist and that shouldn't be a problem. My question is how do I cover it with fondant and make it look smooth without it looking like there are 10 pieces of fondant on it or cracks in it? Please help! Kind of stressed about this hand. Also she will be picking it up on Friday.. When can I make the fist for it so that it still looks fresh on Friday? Thanks!!

3 replies
1nonlyqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1nonlyqueen Posted 31 Mar 2014 , 8:20am
post #2 of 4

the closest I've done to a hand is this baseball glove which is also made out of rice krispies.

I feel that the best way for you to get a smooth fist is to press the krispies tight together to get all the bumps out.

Then once you have formed the krispies in the shape you want cover it all with a thin layer of buttercream (this helps to fill in any holes) 

I then placed it in the fridge so the buttercream would crust.

Knead and roll out your fondant 1/16 inch think or thicker

(i found that rolling your fondant a bit thick also helps to prevent your hand from looking too bumpy)

Roll it out enough to cover the whole hand.

Then with your fingers smooth and shape the fingers out and work your way till you get to the bottom where you can glue the fondant shut with a bit of water. 

if you want you can also dust it with a darker shade of green in between the fingers so its not one solid color and make small creases on the fingers but that's up to you.

You can begin making the fist days ahead... that's what I usually do, especially since its not something that needs refrigeration and some people like to save them. 

It all depends on your preference!!! 

Hope I was able to help!!

Hannahscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hannahscakes Posted 31 Mar 2014 , 1:29pm
post #3 of 4

AThanks! Very much help :) I will probably start it tomorrow in that case. I don't anticipate them to eat that part but I just didn't want it to start looking strange. I will post a picture when finished. Your glove looks great!

1nonlyqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1nonlyqueen Posted 31 Mar 2014 , 2:29pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you!! 

Great I cant wait to see the outcome!! :D

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%