Question/ Help For Cupcake Toppers

Baking By mareg Updated 27 Mar 2014 , 4:36am by mareg

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 26 Mar 2014 , 3:02pm
post #1 of 6

I'm going to make a domed baby face for my cupcakes.  Do I make the whole topper with face and hat on it and place it on the cupcake?  OR  just make the dome part and decorate with the face and hat after?  What is easier?  Thanks in advance!  

Mare:smile:

5 replies
mareg Posted 27 Mar 2014 , 1:07am
post #2 of 6

anyone?

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 27 Mar 2014 , 1:57am
post #3 of 6

ADo it all in advance. That way any mistakes won't be stuck to a cupcake!

musicmommy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
musicmommy1 Posted 27 Mar 2014 , 2:46am
post #4 of 6

Is this the look you're after?

Sorry the pic is so big- ugh. Anyway, if so, then I would probably suggest you cover the cupcake first with your skin colored round, then add your hat and facial details. My only concern is that if you do the face all at once and then try to place it on the cupcake and form it to the dome, it will most likely crack or get that elephant skin look. Fondant is only pliable for a short time before it starts cracking when bent. Now, if you want the eyes to be inset, such as these, then you will want to mark your eye holes very soon after cutting your fondant circle. All other details can be done afterward. 

Now, if you do want to do it all at once you could also opt to do flat cupcake toppers that you would lay on top of the frosting, but they would not be domed. HTH :)

musicmommy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
musicmommy1 Posted 27 Mar 2014 , 2:48am
post #5 of 6

Woops- the picture didn't send. Here's a link with the picture of the baby faces cupcakes I was referencing :)

http://babyshowercupcakes.weebly.com/

mareg Posted 27 Mar 2014 , 4:36am
post #6 of 6

Yes, Musicmommy1, Those are the ones I was talking about.  Thank you for the advice!!!   I don't think I will do them all at once.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%