Which Icing, Please?

Decorating By gigiel Updated 17 Mar 2014 , 2:27pm by gigiel

gigiel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gigiel Posted 14 Mar 2014 , 5:57pm
post #1 of 3

*Previously posted on 'How Do I?' here on CC today~~Since the whipped type icing (i.e. Bettercream) is lighter, it seems to make sense to do an ombre, rosette covered cake with it instead of buttercream.  Bettercream or buttercream, which is best ? Opinions appreciated, please. Smash cake for 1 yr old to have them covering entire cake going out this wknd.  Quite a drive ahead to go pick up the Bettercream if that is the route to take, no time to experiment...YiKeS : / THANKS in advance

2 replies
gigiel Posted 15 Mar 2014 , 2:52am
post #2 of 3

Went ahead & bought the BETTERCREAM. Testing both tomorrow. No better way to find out than doing it myself : ) Just really concerned with the heaviness of buttercream & saw a blog where the buttercream roses SLID down the side of the cake.  Soon I will know.  :-D  Thanks for the votes!  I did some research online & looks as if buttercream is the popular answer.  SMBC &IMBC look like good options too, however, not wanting to do icing w/eggs (whites or otherwise.)  Thank you for the2 votes  : )

gigiel Posted 17 Mar 2014 , 2:27pm
post #3 of 3

Ended up using buttercream.  Despite all the concern, it held up well.  (& i'll use that Bettercream for something later as it freezes well.)  Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%