Help Me Out

Decorating By NewToThis305 Updated 1 Mar 2014 , 3:33pm by nannycook

liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 28 Feb 2014 , 11:00pm
post #31 of 36

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewToThis305 

What about selling stuffed and dipped strawberries? Do I need a license for that?

What do you stuff them with?  Coating things in chocolate is considered enrobing, and is enforced by most health departments under the heading of candy making.  A slightly different set of requirements than baking.

Liz

NewToThis305 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewToThis305 Posted 28 Feb 2014 , 11:08pm
post #32 of 36

Quote:

Originally Posted by liz at sugar 

What do you stuff them with?  Coating things in chocolate is considered enrobing, and is enforced by most health departments under the heading of candy making.  A slightly different set of requirements than baking.

Liz

Stuff them with cream cheese, and I was thinking of trying to stuff them with peanut butter or chocolate.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 28 Feb 2014 , 11:09pm
post #33 of 36

Generally speaking, if you are selling food, most any type of food, to the public, you'll need some sort of inspection and license.

NewToThis305 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewToThis305 Posted 28 Feb 2014 , 11:19pm
post #34 of 36

Quote:

Originally Posted by leah_s 

Generally speaking, if you are selling food, most any type of food, to the public, you'll need some sort of inspection and license.

Ok :( Good thing I came to this page because I don't want to get in trouble. I won't sell anything then, I'll just make for fun like I have been. There are too many steps to take in selling.

nannycook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannycook Posted 1 Mar 2014 , 3:28pm
post #35 of 36

AI understand how upset you must feel, there are a lot of talented cake decorators this forum and they don't cut corners. My advice to you is simple if you really want to get into this business, you need to know the basics, just make a simple sponge, play about with it add a flavour maybe, make sure you taste it and see if it OK,then try something little harder, practise ,practise its the only way to learn.

nannycook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannycook Posted 1 Mar 2014 , 3:33pm
post #36 of 36

AI'm in the UK, not sure how different the laws are wherever your from, I had to be registered with the local authority, had my kitchen inspected, had to have insurance to cover me then obviously had hygiene certificate also. Thats if your planning to sell your cake, but definitely learn how to make a nice cake first, anymore help I can give you just ask OK.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%