Customer Slamming Me On Facebook

Decorating By phoebe kay Updated 26 Feb 2014 , 6:55am by brendajarmusz

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 6:58pm
post #91 of 158

AAh, typical CC. K8 and Enga stirring sh*t up, all the while blaming it on others. Providing no useful advice whatsoever, of course. Just lots of cherry picking, bold quotes and name calling, all the while galloping along on your imaginary high horses.

OP, the things Annie said are 100% true, and were said nicely. Try taking the advice, and you won't have threats on your FB page from people wanting to beat you.

phoebe kay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phoebe kay Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 7:01pm
post #92 of 158

ANotice scrum diddly person, I agreed with the advice. Hot buttons on here come from asking cake prices. I didn't do that. Quite a few of those high horses. Lol

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 7:02pm
post #93 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumdiddlycakes 

Ah, typical CC. K8 and Enga stirring sh*t up, all the while blaming it on others. Providing no useful advice whatsoever, of course.
Just lots of cherry picking, bold quotes and name calling, all the while galloping along on your imaginary high horses.

OP, the things Annie said are 100% true, and were said nicely. Try taking the advice, and you won't have threats on your FB page from people wanting to beat you.

And there you have it, the cherry on top, give that girl a gold star!

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 7:07pm
post #94 of 158

Enga, I didn't say the OP wasn't good enough to charge.  The things to which I agreed were regarding issues that could be rectified by slowing down.  I think for many of those cakes, she's doing a good job in the time allotted.  The OP even said if she took more time it would be perfect.  Like BeesKness, I felt overwhelmed when I saw she was running two very demanding businesses from home.

I give up too.  There apparently is a STRONG issue with reading comprehension in this thread.

enga Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 7:37pm
post #95 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieCahill 

Enga, I didn't say the OP wasn't good enough to charge.  The things to which I agreed were regarding issues that could be rectified by slowing down.  I think for many of those cakes, she's doing a good job in the time allotted.  The OP even said if she took more time it would be perfect.  Like BeesKness, I felt overwhelmed when I saw she was running two very demanding businesses from home.

I give up too.  There apparently is a STRONG issue with reading comprehension in this thread.

No, you just agreed with BeesKnees that's all. So say HELLO to the bad guy (in my best Tony Montana voice) you need people like me so you can point your fingers and say hey look at her, she tha bad guy. That's why I left before. Why I even had people pming me with " where are youuuuuuuuwa, we miss youuuuuuuuwa, come back." Why, just so I could be tha BAD GUY once again. Top it all off with the fact that I don't understand how to read a thread and form my own opinion, Wow!  Mind boggling!

Flicks tail, snorts, l and slowly trots away.........camera pans in to hind quarters to get close up of  the words "BAD GUY" branded there. :party: 

BeesKnees578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeesKnees578 Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 7:41pm
post #96 of 158

My apologies across the board....it was my comment that lit the fire.

LatinPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LatinPanther Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 7:44pm
post #97 of 158

AI agree... don't quit or cut prices. Just give her a refund or offer her a free cake. Don't deactivate your account. Apologize and delete or block her. I just saw your cakes and they look great!!!!! Don't allow anyone stop you from your dream.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 7:44pm
post #98 of 158

This thread is not in the spirit of CC. The entire thread is out of control with remarkable claims, high-strung retaliation, and personal attacks. Shame, shame, shame.

RitasDecliciousCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RitasDecliciousCreations Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 7:49pm
post #99 of 158

A$75 for a 3-tiered cake? Oh my goodness, that is cheap! I charge $180, at a minimum, for a decorated 3-tiered cake that feeds 60 people. You need to up those prices.

enga Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 7:53pm
post #100 of 158

Well I didn't attack anybody, I only tried to lift up someones spirits who (I perceived) was having a bad day, so sue me. As far as stirring up trouble, you only have to read my past posts and you be the judge.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 7:56pm
post #101 of 158

I can't believe any one person can do 17 cakes in one day without sacrificing something in the process.  Obviously it came back to bite you on this one cake.  What I also can't believe is letting one person's complaint send you over the edge and make you second-guess yourself and make you want to quit altogether.  You may be 'venting' but your initial reaction shows you're obviously stressed too.

I'm glad to see you calmed down enough to realize that stopping your business and letting this one person have control of  you was not the right thing to do. 

Also, I hope that I read that you also have taken the 'slow down' approach to heart.  I don't know what you charge for your cakes...and I really could care less...but wouldn't it be nice to make as much money for doing say...eight cakes as opposed to seventeen?  Think of all the extra care you could devote to each one! You obviously have talent!  I've never seen such diversity in design elements.  You had everything from detailed to simple to everything in between!  But just because you CAN do that many cakes in one day doesn't mean you should.  Each person who orders from you is not concerned with how busy you are.  They are wanting something special created just for them...and they don't care if you have 2 or 27 cakes, they expect to be treated like they are your only customer...and if they get less than expected, well,  you have experienced what can happen.

If each cake were given the care that it deserved, you no doubt would have NO complaints (unless it's just a crazy person) but maybe you wouldn't be so anxious to take that complaint to heart  knowing that you gave it your best.  That's why the suggestions to raise your prices were made.  You can weed out a lot of  cheap cake buyers and focus on those that want quality.  Best of all, you'll know in your heart that each cake was given it's 'just desserts' (ha ha).

At any rate, I hope you realize that when you 'vent' here you will be given advice in addition to those who just want to give you big hugs.  The advice can be taken or left as  you wish.  But keep in mind that many on here have been in your shoes and have a lot of knowledge to share.  I wouldn't dismiss it all as being condescending or telling you what to do...it's just what we do here in trying to help a fellow caker, and, as I said earlier, you can take it or leave it.  

Take a deep breath, don't ignore that complaint, but don't take it personally and contemplate what to do going forward.  That's all anyone can do. 

Good luck to you girl! 

phoebe kay Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 7:56pm
post #102 of 158

AI would go up on prices but there's not a single person around this area that charges much more than that. We have low costs on supplies and that's a lot to most. Cost of living is lower. For instance, our home is $220,000 range. It's a gorgeous 5 bedroom, 4000sf home. I've looked to live to other areas and can't even find a 3 bedroom for the price. I worked for wallmart. Then went to a better quality bakery in town to work. Prices were higher. Since I've quit, I charge basically the bakery price which is a few bucks more than Walmart.

enga Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 8:03pm
post #103 of 158

At any rate, I hope you realize that when you 'vent' here you will be given advice in addition to those who just want to give you big hugs. 

What's wrong with a hug?

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 8:08pm
post #104 of 158

AFor a comparison, my house is a 3 bedroom ranch on a good sized lot big enough for a huge play set, 24' pool, 27' half pipe skate ramp, a great hill for sledding, and plenty of more room for a huge garden. It is valued at $145,000. I don't charge a penny less than $3.50 a serving for buttercream, $4.50 for fondant. The smallest 3 tier I will do is. 4",6",8" to serve 41 for $143.

Annabakescakes Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 8:11pm
post #105 of 158

A

Original message sent by enga

At any rate, I hope you realize that when you 'vent' here you will be given advice in addition to those who just want to give you big hugs. 

What's wrong with a hug?

FFS, no one said there was anything wrong with a hug, just that you will get additional advice other than just a hug. If someone posted a rant or vent and everyone responded ((((HUGS!!!)))) <3 <3 xoxoxox!!! How would anyone learn how to improve and make sure it never happened again??

enga Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 8:13pm
post #106 of 158

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

Quote:

Originally Posted by enga 

What's wrong with a hug?
FFS, no one said there was anything wrong with a hug, just that you will get additional advice other than just a hug. If someone posted a rant or vent and everyone responded ((((HUGS!!!)))) <3 <3 xoxoxox!!! How would anyone learn how to improve and make sure it never happened again??

I wasn't talking to you.

Annabakescakes Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 8:26pm
post #107 of 158

A

[QUOTE name="Annabakescakes" url="/t/768483/customer-slamming-me-on-facebook/90#post_7487738"]   [QUOTE name="enga" url="/t/768483/customer-slamming-me-on-facebook/90#post_7487736"] At any rate, I hope you realize that when you 'vent' here you will be given advice in addition to those who just want to give you big hugs. 

What's wrong with a hug?[/QUOTE] FFS, no one said there was anything wrong with a hug, just that you will get additional advice other than just a hug. If someone posted a rant or vent and everyone responded ((((HUGS!!!)))) <3 <3 xoxoxox!!! How would anyone learn how to improve and make sure it never happened again??[/QUOTE]

I wasn't talking to you.

Seriously? This is a public forum, I don't GAF if you were talking to me or not. Everyone is welcome to respond to any part of the conversation. If you don't want to read my replies, I suggest you block me, or take it to PMs.

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 8:26pm
post #108 of 158

AThe OP SAID that she knows it wasn't her best work and that she rushed. She. Said. That.

She also said she tried to do 17 cakes in one weekend. Come on.

What other conclusion is one left to come up with?

Annabakescakes Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 8:26pm
post #109 of 158

AAnd she never said there was anything wrong with a hug, so my point is valid and needed whether you were talking to me or not.

enga Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 8:29pm
post #110 of 158

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What's wrong with a hug?

I wasn't talking to you.
Seriously? This is a public forum, I don't GAF if you were talking to me or not. Everyone is welcome to respond to any part of the conversation. If you don't want to read my replies, I suggest you block me, or take it to PMs.

Then stop referencing my post.

phoebe kay Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 8:32pm
post #111 of 158

AMorganchamoagne??? I did say it wasn't my best but not sure what that has to do with anything. We've already moved passed that. Lol.

Annabakescakes Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 8:44pm
post #112 of 158

A

[QUOTE name="Annabakescakes" url="/t/768483/customer-slamming-me-on-facebook/105#post_7487743"]   [QUOTE name="enga" url="/t/768483/customer-slamming-me-on-facebook/90#post_7487739"]   [QUOTE name="Annabakescakes" url="/t/768483/customer-slamming-me-on-facebook/90#post_7487738"]   [QUOTE name="enga" url="/t/768483/customer-slamming-me-on-facebook/90#post_7487736"] At any rate, I hope you realize that when you 'vent' here you will be given advice in addition to those who just want to give you big hugs. 

What's wrong with a hug?[/QUOTE] FFS, no one said there was anything wrong with a hug, just that you will get additional advice other than just a hug. If someone posted a rant or vent and everyone responded ((((HUGS!!!)))) <3 <3 xoxoxox!!! How would anyone learn how to improve and make sure it never happened again??[/QUOTE]

I wasn't talking to you.[/QUOTE] Seriously? This is a public forum, I don't GAF if you were talking to me or not. Everyone is welcome to respond to any part of the conversation. If you don't want to read my replies, I suggest you block me, or take it to PMs.[/QUOTE]

Then stop referencing my post.

No.

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 8:44pm
post #113 of 158

A

Original message sent by phoebe kay

Morganchamoagne??? I did say it wasn't my best but not sure what that has to do with anything. We've already moved passed that. Lol.

Those words led Annie to the conclusion she came to. So it seems like the attack on her is just a bit unwarranted. Anyway you've got loads of info so im leaving this thread be. But she was trying to help and I hope you know that.

enga Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 8:48pm
post #114 of 158

Morganchampane, No???

Annabakescakes Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 8:49pm
post #115 of 158

A

Original message sent by morganchampagne

[quote name="phoebe kay" url="/t/768483/customer-slamming-me-on-facebook/90#post_7487747"]Morganchamoagne??? I did say it wasn't my best but not sure what that has to do with anything. We've already moved passed that. Lol.

Those words led Annie to the conclusion she came to. So it seems like the attack on her is just a bit unwarranted. Anyway you've got loads of info so im leaving this thread be. But she was trying to help and I hope you know that.[/quote] I don't think they care, they aren't going to let facts get in the way of their uninformed, ignorant opinions.

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 8:50pm
post #116 of 158

Dont give up, your cakes look great! It really sounds like that customer was overreacting. You should just block her from the page.

phoebe kay Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 9:00pm
post #117 of 158

AAnnabakescakes I don't think u was calling me ignorant, right? I've posted 12-13 times that I appreciate the advice!!!! I've also thanked these people multiple times. I'm not arguing or debating anything.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 9:04pm
post #118 of 158

Enga, I believe annabakescakes said what I meant about 'hugs' is on point with what I meant.  If all you want or have to offer is hugs, that's great.  But chances are a forum poster will get advice as well...advice the OP can take or leave.  Pretty simple. 

Besides, I believe the OP has moved on.  Think it's time we do as well don't you?

phoebe kay Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 9:05pm
post #119 of 158

AAnnadoescakes I appreciate all your help and advice.

enga Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 9:08pm
post #120 of 158

Quote:

Originally Posted by carmijok 

Enga, I believe annabakescakes said what I meant about 'hugs' is on point with what I meant.  If all you want or have to offer is hugs, that's great.  But chances are a forum poster will get advice as well...advice the OP can take or leave.  Pretty simple. 

Besides, I believe the OP has moved on.  Think it's time we do as well don't you?

So why don't you? You have made your point.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%