Hearts On Fire Cookies

Baking By KassieR16 Updated 1 Mar 2014 , 3:13am by MBalaska

KassieR16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KassieR16 Posted 12 Feb 2014 , 8:04pm
post #1 of 7

I have seen the hearts on fire cookies (heart shape cookies with red/yellow/orange flames done in icing) and would love to do these as a thank you for the firefighters who will be doing a presentation at my daughter's preschool. Can anyone give me a good icing recipe for this and a step my step of how to layer the colors and properly drag them to make the flames? Any great cookie recipes to go along with this are welcome too!!! Thank you in advance :)

6 replies
MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 12 Feb 2014 , 11:03pm
post #2 of 7

without a photo I can only guestimate that you need a wet on wet technique.  Google it, it's unbelievable awesome with so many varieties of ways to go with it.

books Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
books Posted 13 Feb 2014 , 3:28am
post #3 of 7

I googled Hearts of fire cookies and clicked on Images: http://www.craftycookies.com/2013/02/hearts-on-fire-valentines-day-cookies.html

MBalaska Posted 13 Feb 2014 , 3:46am
post #4 of 7

it is hard to believe but it will be easy to do those cookies.  Just check a few wet-on-wet vids on you tube. 

KassieR16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KassieR16 Posted 13 Feb 2014 , 2:57pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you for the name of the technique I will definitely check out some videos online and sorry I guess I should have posted a picture, I will remember that next time!

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 1 Mar 2014 , 3:01am
post #6 of 7

I first posted these cookies back in 2007. It's kind of a wet on wet cookie. I use glace icing. I outline the entire heart in red. I then take a red filled decorator bottle and make the basic flame shapes. I then follow those lines with the yellow and orange icing. After the cookie is filled, I use a toothpick to follow the basic outline for each flame. Make sure you clean off the toothpick in between each drag so you don't get the red splotches as pictured in the previous example from Crafty Cookies.Valentine's at my daughter's class. She likes the fire hearts. Toba's icing over butter cookies.

MBalaska Posted 1 Mar 2014 , 3:13am
post #7 of 7

That is so HOT.  Love this technique.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%