Ganache Glaze Over Stabilized Whipped Cream Frosting??

Decorating By pamlovestobake Updated 8 Feb 2014 , 7:46pm by pamlovestobake

pamlovestobake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamlovestobake Posted 7 Feb 2014 , 10:16pm
post #1 of 5

AHi guys! I'm donating a cake for friends to take to a work meeting. I've been asked to make a chocolate cake filled with raspberry sauce and frosted with stabilized whipped cream frosting but they also want a chocolate glaze over it. My question is can this be done? Wouldn't the heat of the ganache glaze melt the whipped cream? Kinda clueless as to how it can be done.... any advice would help :) Please and thank you!

4 replies
unicorn5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
unicorn5 Posted 7 Feb 2014 , 10:22pm
post #2 of 5

Hot chocolate will melt the whipped cream.

Why do you want the whipped cream on the top? Put the whipped cream between layers of the cake, not on the top, coll well than glaze the top and sides with chocolate glaze of your choice.

Another option is to whip your ganache, you can put it over whipped cream, but it won't be shiny.

pamlovestobake Posted 7 Feb 2014 , 10:45pm
post #3 of 5

A[IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3182202/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

Thanks for the advice! I found the picture above with the recipe and method on how I can achieve this look.

unicorn5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
unicorn5 Posted 8 Feb 2014 , 12:09am
post #4 of 5

Sorry I thought, you are trying to achieve a look more like this:

Let me know how it goes, ok?

pamlovestobake Posted 8 Feb 2014 , 7:46pm
post #5 of 5

AJust remembered to update everyone on my success :D I frosted the cake in my stabilized whipped cream frosting, then I made the ganache glaze, let cool 10min poured over the cake and voilà it worked like a charm! Unfortunately, I was so excited over the cake that I forgot to take a picture :cry: but best of all they loved it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%