Help Asap!!! Why Did This Happen?

Decorating By carolinagirlcakes Updated 7 Feb 2014 , 8:19pm by Rosie93095

carolinagirlcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinagirlcakes Posted 7 Feb 2014 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 6

AI've never had this happen before and not sure why it did, any insight greatly appreciated.

I'm using a white Duncan Hines mix colored and spooned into a 6" round pan. I crisco and flour the pans. I did not use the silver pan levelers on the outside because I never having an issues with a 6" rising. When I took them out of the oven they were completely risen up. Apparently as they sat to cool they fell. I hate to redo and the same thing happen help please. My batter sat for a bit because I was tending to my newborn, could that have been an issue?[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3182054/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

5 replies
Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 7 Feb 2014 , 7:46pm
post #2 of 6

Did you let them cool in the pan at least until cool to the touch? I found that if you take them out too soon, they will collapse like that. the other way the will collapse like that is if you try to press the tops down while they are still in the pan.

carolinagirlcakes Posted 7 Feb 2014 , 7:47pm
post #3 of 6

AYep let the cool completely in the pan before removed them. And I don't push them down :(

Rosie93095 Posted 7 Feb 2014 , 7:55pm
post #4 of 6

It could be that the batter sat for awhile- did you remix before you put it in the pan? Also, if you pour some of the  batter into the pans and then add more, it will sometimes do that unless you tap them on the counter to even them out.

carolinagirlcakes Posted 7 Feb 2014 , 8:11pm
post #5 of 6

AI think it say to long before I spooned into the pans. I spooned 3 different colors into the pan for the tye-dyed effect. But didn't settle the batter into the pan so I guess I will try it again and not let the batter sit and level the batter out. Fingers crossed!

Rosie93095 Posted 7 Feb 2014 , 8:19pm
post #6 of 6

Good luck- don't give up!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%