Annoying (Not) Potential Customer

Decorating By cakegirlnc Updated 5 Feb 2014 , 3:18am by Apti

cakegirlnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirlnc Posted 5 Feb 2014 , 12:43am
post #1 of 6

AOk, so about a year and a half ago a lady contacts me by phone and emails me pictures of a cake (3tier with a sports theme) .Tells me her mother does cakes but is sick, sure...she wants quote, we go back and forth on what she wants, give her quote. She says more than she wants to pay. Ok done, move on. A few months later she contacts me again, same th ok my sends picture of cake with butterfly theme, give quote, too much she says. Ok so now I'm like wtf? I see later on that "both cakes" she asked about her mother did do? But totally different from what she asked me to do, plus her "mother" did them. So now she's contacting me today again? This time I chose not to answer but she has sent me at least 5 messages on Facebook. I finally told her check my notes section for base price estimate, of course she's like I did but how many will this cake (which she has included another picture) serve, and on and on. Finally I said I have no idea h ok w many it will serve and that I'm book through the next 6 months. I know people shop around but good grief does she not think I will remember her from past conversations, if she can't afford me after 2 previous cakes, what is she thinking?!!! Any advice? I know what I really wanted to say but bit my tongue.

5 replies
texasporvida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texasporvida Posted 5 Feb 2014 , 12:56am
post #2 of 6

ADo you think she is making the cakes and trying to get the pricing info from you?

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 5 Feb 2014 , 1:20am
post #3 of 6

Hmm, thats really odd. Maybe she doesn't actually want the cakes.. Just like @texasporvida said, she just wants some prices.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 5 Feb 2014 , 1:50am
post #4 of 6

You're right, it's best to avoid her. People like that are truly annoying. So now you're booked forever!

cakegirlnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirlnc Posted 5 Feb 2014 , 2:12am
post #5 of 6

AIt is odd. I checked out her facebook page and she had pix of both cakes she asked me about doing. One she even says her mom made, it looks good. So why she keeps coming back to me, i can't figure out. It's not like its another cake decorator calling b/c she has it posted on her own page. Who knows, people are crazy sometimes.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 5 Feb 2014 , 3:18am
post #6 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetShop5  ..... she doesn't actually want the cakes.. Just like @texasporvida said, she just wants some prices.

Ditto.  Sounds like she is using your skill level to get competitive pricing.

As mentioned over and over (Ad nauseam)  on CakeCentral, pricing is often the HARDEST part of cake decorating. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%