Leaving The Cakes At Room Temperature

Decorating By cakelove2105 Updated 29 Jan 2014 , 10:34pm by Narie

cakelove2105 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelove2105 Posted 29 Jan 2014 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 9

AHello cake lovers, ,

Right to my question, Is it a good Idea to leave at room terperature a cake you going to decorate one or two days later ?

I always make the cake the same day of activity ;therefore i've never dealed with freezing and/or storaging cakes. any suggetion or advice? Thank you so much.

8 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 29 Jan 2014 , 6:49pm
post #2 of 9

As long as it's iced, the icing will prevent the cake from drying out.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 29 Jan 2014 , 7:44pm
post #3 of 9

Since Iet my cakes settle for at least 12 hours, I can't bake, fill, ice and decorate on the same day.  I bake ahead and freeze.

CakeRae80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRae80 Posted 29 Jan 2014 , 8:02pm
post #4 of 9

I leave mine out once they are completed as long as they have nothing in them that would go bad.  I put them in their box or if I've crumb coated them and they fit in my carrier, I'll pop them in there till the next day.

cakelove2105 Posted 29 Jan 2014 , 8:54pm
post #5 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by leah_s 

Since Iet my cakes settle for at least 12 hours, I can't bake, fill, ice and decorate on the same day.  I bake ahead and freeze.

Thank you Leah_s, question, is there any special way in how you freeze the cake, in another words, do you put them in a plastic bags or something like that or do you add anything to it? and , how long ahead you take it out the freezer before decorating it? Thanks a lot.

cakelove2105 Posted 29 Jan 2014 , 8:55pm
post #6 of 9

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions :)

Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 29 Jan 2014 , 9:39pm
post #7 of 9

does anyone know if you can freeze an almond flour cake (gluten free) and still keep the same texture?

I am making this gluten free cake for a friend (she is just going gluten free as a lifestyle change, no allergies or celiac problems). It needs to be for Saturday so I was going to make it tonight and freeze until Friday night.

I use Leah's method for my regular cakes

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 29 Jan 2014 , 9:47pm
post #8 of 9

I put cling film between the layers, stack them up on a cake cardboard and cling film the whole thing then put it on a shelf in the freezer.  I give it maybe 20 mins to defrost while I assemble things to work on it.  Cake defrosts fast.

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 29 Jan 2014 , 10:34pm
post #9 of 9

I cling wrap my cakes and toss them in the freezer much like Leah does.  Then I drag them out of the freezer (usually the next morning) and make the frosting and frost.  The cakes which have been frozen seem easier to handle even when they have defrosted.  They also seem moister or something.  The point is I always freeze the layers now; it just makes the cake better somehow.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%