Tn Homebakery

Business By BakedConfection Updated 27 Jan 2014 , 1:03pm by -K8memphis

BakedConfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakedConfection Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 12:43pm
post #1 of 2

ABeen trying to do some reasearch, but am very confused atm. I live in TN and need to gather information on becoming a certified kitchen. We have two bakeries in town. One is an older place, really no competition there. The other opened in 2012 and we are competitors. For years she ran her business out of her home, but now that she is all legal, I wouldn't put it past her to turn me in. My speciality is custom cakes. ANYWAY...we rent a home. Our home has a separate apartment above the garage. I would really love to use that area as my kitchen and consulting area. Anyone know if I would have problems doing this since we rent? I'm not up for buying a house in this area because I don't plan on being here forever. For a few more years tops. This is what I do for extra income and it would really hit below the belt if I got into trouble. TIA for any advice.

1 reply
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 1:03pm
post #2 of 2

i'd recommend that you contact your county officials--the greene county population is under 70,000--this bodes well for less rigid regulation--but it all depends on the peeps at the zoning and health departments--


best of the best to you--be fierce--you got this--a few phone calls or in person visits and you're there--i hope!


would love to know how it goes for you

Quote by @%username% on %date%