Storing A Cake For A Delayed Event

Decorating By carassweetcafe Updated 25 Jan 2014 , 5:52am by MommyMommy

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 5:11pm
post #31 of 34

Quote:

Originally Posted by carassweetcafe 

Before I say what I did, yet a little more information.  The customer in this situation is my son's teacher and a friend that we attend church with.  So my decision was probably swayed by that.

This is what I did...

I own a bakery/cafe.  So my customers were treated with the bottom tier of the cake on Tuesday (explaining to to them the situation.)  They were delighted.  I took the middle layer to a bank down the street that is one of my best customers.  They were equally delighted.  The top tier is still in my fridge here at the shop.  My employees are munching on it.  Same delight.

I am remaking the cake for the party at no additional charge.  I really wish I had seen the recommendation about leaving the original cake in tack before I cut it.  That was indeed a fabulous idea.  Would have saved me a bundle of trouble.

Thank you for all of the recommendations.  I know I can always get such wonderful, honest responses from you guys.  Although I don't post often, I do read a lot of your posts and appreciate the responses.  Thanks, again, for your help!  I will definitely come up with a "policy" for future reference!  Blessings to each of you!!!

You sound like such a lovely lady, what  a nice thing to do.

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 5:21pm
post #32 of 34

A

Original message sent by kmanning

At least you got something good out of it. Giving the cake away to your customers will most likely get you some more business. Of course you felt like you should make a new cake it the host is a friend to you, they should be very thankful.

She'll get some good will out of it, but no one involved will ever understand the amount of kindness extended. And to some it will just confirm what they already think, which is that making a 3 tier cake is no big deal.

And usually giving away free cake to a few people is not a way to get new business.

Nadiaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nadiaa Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 9:47pm
post #33 of 34

I'm glad you came to a resolution. It was really lovely of you to remake the cake at no charge. 

MommyMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyMommy Posted 25 Jan 2014 , 5:52am
post #34 of 34

AIn the end you made many happy. Priceless. :-) Next time you can serve the sheet cake. In the meantime, sounds like you made some top shelf Lemonade! Classy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%