Decorating By OMGOMG Updated 19 Jan 2014 , 12:18am by -K8memphis

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 9:14am
post #31 of 70

AI wouldn't pay $5 for that cake.

cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 9:43am
post #32 of 70

AYou're asking people to help price your cakes, but yet you're giving advice to other people on how they should price theirs???!

OMGOMG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OMGOMG Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 9:50am
post #33 of 70

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakealicious7 

You're asking people to help price your cakes, but yet you're giving advice to other people on how they should price theirs???!

I found the search bar and I been studying. there are alot of threads that shows you how to price cakes and I even saw a very smarm man name Jason Kraft  and his websight. I told you i'm not stupid, just ignorant. I also seen lots of good cakes and I can see I mite need to work on my cakes sum. I didn't know there was such good cakes out there and now my little ole cake look ugly to me. I don't no where people be sellin this cakes but they's better then in the bakery i look at. 

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 10:22am
post #34 of 70

A▶I call paperlace◀

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 11:10am
post #35 of 70

A

Original message sent by OMGOMG

Besides for baking time, the cake only took me 20 minutes, so the way I see it it costed $5 and I make $15 in 20 minutes, that is $45 an hour, i'm not stupid. 

No one called you stupid. I don't think you are stupid but I'm beginning to think you are rude. Some of us are really trying to offer you some good advice.

You said, "Besides baking time, the cake took you 20min..." planning the cake, shopping for the supplies, baking, cleaning, & decorating this is all part of the process and that's why we factor these parts into pricing.

Taking the extra time to torte/level your cakes, making your icing so you have the proper consistency to achieve a clean, smooth finish are all things that contribute to a good quality custom cake.

You can get there, but the fact that you haven't been willing to listen to what others have been posting in response to your questions is why people have been frustrated with you.

Many of these people run successful businesses and make beautiful cakes, take advantage of our knowledge if you want to learn and get better. Or don't.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 12:30pm
post #36 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godot 

▶I call paperlace◀

Nope. I think OMGOMG is the lower end of what comes here to ask for HELP! HELP! NOW!!! At least s/he admits to ignorance. But this, folks, is the next generation of cakers. Don't be rude or you're the one who will be sent off to think about your evil ways.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 1:14pm
post #37 of 70

AI heart Mimi.

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 1:43pm
post #38 of 70

"well i taled  the bride and found out that the wedding is tonight, so i just wiped it down with vodka to kill any germs and busted the flowers off and used some silk ones stuck on with more royal. it dried real fast but some of them slipped a little bit so they are uneven.O well nothing i can do now!!!!!!!!!!!!  I got the cake up there right as the guests were coming in and i was still in my flip flobs from my petty and i had rollers in my hair so i just ran in to tell you guys what wuz up and i got to get reddy to get turned up and go back!!!!! I didnt even get a picture so i hope i get up there before they cut it!!!!!!! and rats are cute. hasnt anbody saw ratatooey the movie with the rats in the kitchen cooking? it is a cute movie and we kiss our rats on the mouth the same we do our kids.how would i tell if i have boy rats our girl rats? I don't want to eat something a weenie was drug across. lolololol (is that how you use that?) and if your so smart, how do you set on fire a cake? it is cake not wood our oll. and FLEAS caused the bubonic plauge NOT RATS!!! i thought i could get some good advise and some of yous is just bean mean. GEEZ!!!!!!! "

OMGOMG posts crazy stuff all time...if you can get past the fake spelling errors it's kind of entertaining.

reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 2:07pm
post #39 of 70

She has to be a troll.  I actually gave her the benefit of the doubt but reading her response about it only taking 20 minutes to make that awful cake made me realize this.  I just don't understand the point of trolling though.  Really, what does it do for anyone?  Are there really people out there that get kicks out of playing dumb and thinking its great to get people to post advice for some fictitious problem?  Seriously?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 2:19pm
post #40 of 70

i'd just keep it light and not read too much into it--it's not exactly a deep thread anyhow  :lol:

not that omgomg is not a lovely and multi faceted individual 

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 2:22pm
post #41 of 70

whether it's OMGOMG or anyone else...whenever I see a title that has to do with pricing cakes my first thought is   UH OH!  :lol:

MimiFix Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 2:24pm
post #42 of 70

Quote:

Originally Posted by -K8memphis 

Yep, the face of tomorrow. Be nice to your competition or they will lower their prices.

reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 2:26pm
post #43 of 70

If she is my competition then I have nothing to worry about. 

-K8memphis Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 2:29pm
post #44 of 70

Quote:

Originally Posted by reginaherrin 

If she is my competition then I have nothing to worry about. 

she might be a he? yes i think there's plenty other things to worry about--i think op is just having a good time

-K8memphis Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 2:33pm
post #45 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimiFix 

Quote:

Yep, the face of tomorrow. Be nice to your competition or they will lower their prices.

oh i missed your post, mimi--op's pricing structure/skill level can only improve from here :lol: 

i think op's greatest gift is shock value

SweetCarolines Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCarolines Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 2:43pm
post #46 of 70

Strangely, her wedding cake was actually decent looking. How odd.

I think OP is lying. I think this is really her cake and the wedding cake was the result of amazingly gifted little furry hands.

I saw "Ratatooey"; I know what's going on here.

MimiFix Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 2:55pm
post #47 of 70

Quote:

Don't you mean schlock value?

-K8memphis Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 3:06pm
post #48 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimiFix 

Quote:

Don't you mean schlock value?

that's certainly one way to say it--fully invested in the 'loving hands at home' quality is another -- we don't want to discourage anyone from posting, lightening the mood and getting us to laugh at ourselves-- or do we?  :grin:

it's a tortuously homely cake but there is an odd merit to the art..sorta

dukeswalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dukeswalker Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 3:08pm
post #49 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetCarolines 

Strangely, her wedding cake was actually decent looking. How odd.

I think OP is lying. I think this is really her cake and the wedding cake was the result of amazingly gifted little furry hands.

I saw "Ratatooey"; I know what's going on here.

OK....been lurking on this post from the beginning cause it was a sloooowwww Friday night and THIS had me laughing out loud!!! You guys are a hoot!!! :grin:​  I can't wipe the smile off of my face!!!

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 3:19pm
post #50 of 70

AI started thinking this might be a fake post after you girls mentioned it but OP went on to give advice about pricing to two other 'newbies' early this morning!

She advised the first poster that said she could easily get $5/serving then less then five min later she told another 'newbie' to sell her cakes for $1-1.50!

I simply don't understand how one would justify this thinking.

But this thread has been very amusing this morning ;) you girls crack me up

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 3:21pm
post #51 of 70

AWoo hoo! What I generally do is put up an ad on Craigslist, load a few random photos from the internet of cakes I think are pretty, and call them "reasonably priced" kustom kakes. I wouldn't charge more than $50 for ennything though, cuz that's jist greedy to ask for moar.

MimiFix Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 3:36pm
post #52 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smckinney07 

She advised the first poster that said she could easily get $5/serving then less then five min later she told another 'newbie' to sell her cakes for $1-1.50!

It's the thinking of many newbies and hobby/business bakers on CC. They know it all and are ready to dispense advice or yell "rude!" whenever they damn feel like it. Cause everyone's an expert, right?

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 6:57pm
post #53 of 70

A

Original message sent by reginaherrin

She has to be a troll.  I actually gave her the benefit of the doubt but reading her response about it only taking 20 minutes to make that awful cake made me realize this.  I just don't understand the point of trolling though.  Really, what does it do for anyone?  Are there really people out there that get kicks out of playing dumb and thinking its great to get people to post advice for some fictitious problem?  Seriously?

Yes, they do. They share it with their friends and laugh at getting people all mad or whatever. So if this is a troll, it's not typically just one person having a big laugh. People alway point to their joining date, but a good troll will join lots of forums and lie low for that very reason. When you feed the troll you're providing entertainment for the troll and his friends.

Original message sent by Smckinney07

I started thinking this might be a fake post after you girls mentioned it but OP went on to give advice about pricing to two other 'newbies' early this morning!

But this thread has been very amusing this morning ;) you girls crack me up

this is the opposite of a reason to not think this person is a troll.

The best indication of a troll is if their posts are pretty much statements that drive everyone crazy and low post count. Trolls like to brag about how they got so many people upset.

If the OP is not a troll, some of the answers on this thread have been unkind. Since there is no way to know, it seems to me if you think this is a troll you wouldn't want to post.

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 7:03pm
post #54 of 70

AI should have mentioned - trolls are not typically grownups.

craftybanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 7:22pm
post #55 of 70

A

Quote:
Originally Posted by howsweet 

I should have mentioned - trolls are not typically grownups.

I concur with this statement. I play those multiplayer online games a lot of trolls are kids looking to stir up trouble. What's funny is when an older player trolls the troll! xD

-K8memphis Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 7:28pm
post #56 of 70

due to the drastic difference in skill level from rat cake to this one i'm thinking op is not a real caker--but it's just a guess--albeit reasonable 

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 7:41pm
post #57 of 70

I've never understood trolls, don't they have anything else to do? I'm confused.

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 7:58pm
post #58 of 70

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claire138 

I've never understood trolls, don't they have anything else to do? I'm confused.

Friday night and no date.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 8:11pm
post #59 of 70

Quote:

Originally Posted by howsweet 

I should have mentioned - trolls are not typically grownups.

Considering that dependent children are now considered to be 'kids' until the age of 28, this sure creates a lot of prospective trolls.  Is this like the old version of calling on the phone and asking if "You have Prince Albert in a Can?" or "Is you refridgerator running?"

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 8:22pm
post #60 of 70

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakeyouverymuch 

Friday night and no date.

Ah ok, that explains it although if I had no date on a friday night (I'm married but you know what I mean) I'd tuck myself up in bed with a warm toddy and something good to read!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%