Colored Candy Melts In Michele Foster's Fondant

Decorating By kryptonite Updated 16 Jan 2014 , 10:37pm by Smckinney07

kryptonite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kryptonite Posted 16 Jan 2014 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 2

Has anyone tried making the white chocolate variation of  Michele's fondant,  but with colored candy melts? I LOVE this recipe, especially with the white chocolate, but I'm trying to find an easier way to make red and black batches. Thanks!

1 reply
Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 16 Jan 2014 , 10:37pm
post #2 of 2

ALook at this link, you can adapt the fondant part of the recipe but I've used colored candy melts (plus some coloring if needed) and it works beautifully.

http://sugarsweetcakesandtreats.com/2010/11/recipe-red-marshmallow-fondant-mmf.html

These days I'll just purchase most of my deeper colors but this works well, just make it a day or two in advance-the color will deepen overnight which means you don't have to go crazy with the coloring.

Angela from Sugar Sweet Cakes and Treats also has a koolaid method (there's a link to that recipe on post I pasted above), this one I haven't tried but Angela is great so I'm sure it works too.

It's harder to find black candy melts (unless it's Halloween or you order online), in a pinch I'll use regular chocolate (or your brown candy melts) and add black from there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%