Difference Between Butter Cake And Cupcakes

Decorating By annablast Updated 31 Dec 2013 , 2:08pm by annablast

annablast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annablast Posted 31 Dec 2013 , 9:28am
post #1 of 3

AAny kind soul is willing to help me differentiate these two? I love baking and always use online recipes. However, am really curious what's the difference between butter cake and cupcakes. Will there be any major difference if I were to make a 6 layers rainbow butter cake compared to normal cake recipe found online that can also be used for cupcakes? Thanks in advance!

2 replies
MyFairDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MyFairDiva Posted 31 Dec 2013 , 12:27pm
post #2 of 3

AThere are so many recipes out there for Cupcakes, some use butter, some use oil, some even use only eggs and no fats.

These recipes will also call for an amount of ingredients that will yield so many cupcakes, some will give you 12, some 18, some 24 and so on. A recipe that makes 12 cupcakes for example, could give you a one layer 8 inch cake, but I am only speculating. Don't forget that Cupcakes take no more than 20 minutes baking, whereas a cake can take from 45 to even over 1 hour in the oven. You can always try and bake the batter in a single tin to see how tall it turns out.

*Edited to add: You mention you would like to make a rainbow cake. From what I've read, you are supposed to bake each layer independently, and they are thinner than a regular one layer cake so it would take less time in the oven per layer.

Hope that helps :) Cin

annablast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annablast Posted 31 Dec 2013 , 2:08pm
post #3 of 3

AThank you! :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%